Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swoolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Hello All -

I'm not sure if this post belongs in the Software Discussion, but I thought I'd begin here...

I have a network here with an HP Deskjet 935C connected to a Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Prints from the Windows server with no problems.

However, when I try to print from my Powerbook 17", I get nada. Added the printer from the printer setup. When it came time to choose the model, it did not appear in the list. I did a search for "935C PPD" on Google and found a PPD to download for the printer. I have that one set up as the printer model, but still no dice.

Can any of you guys help me figure this out? I'm new to networked printing, but I thought I covered the basics.

Thanks,

Steve

swoolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Yes, the Print Service for Macintosh is running on the Windows server. There is no error message. When I print something on the Mac, the printer icon launches in the dock, as it normally would, and then promptly shuts down. No error message.

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.