Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C00KiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
California
This started yesterday. I have a macbook pro that I purchased less than a year ago. Yesterday I was looking on the web and every time I clicked something else it wouldn't do anything. I would only have to click once on my mouse pad. Now I have to click multiple times. Sometimes I think it's back to normal cause it works with just one click, then I click another thing and I would have to click it like 10 times. What's wrong? I thought if I just restarted my computer it would be fine. I did that and it's still the same:confused:

C00KiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
California
There's no sensitivity option for the trackpad. I know I said mouse but I meant trackpad.

TrulyYuki

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
Washington
This started yesterday. I have a macbook pro that I purchased less than a year ago. Yesterday I was looking on the web and every time I clicked something else it wouldn't do anything. I would only have to click once on my mouse pad. Now I have to click multiple times. Sometimes I think it's back to normal cause it works with just one click, then I click another thing and I would have to click it like 10 times. What's wrong? I thought if I just restarted my computer it would be fine. I did that and it's still the same:confused:

Which macbook pro do you have? older style or unibody? and is it still under warranty? Here's the situation, some older style macbook pros had some issues with the cable under the trackpad/keyboard. It comes loose. Nothing you've done. OR its the battery. Some batteries in the older style macbook pro have expanding issues. It may not be noticeable right away, but take out the battery and inspect it. put it on a flat surface and see if it wobbles. If so then that may be the issue entirely. I would check the battery, try using the trackpad without the battery installed (use power adapter of course). You don't want to walk into the apple store and have them replace the trackpad if the issue is just the battery. If it is unibody than it most likely the trackpad. They can go bad, not a big issue. I hope this was helpful.
Just to let you know, if your machine is out of warranty and you need the trackpad replaced, it will likely be very pretty penny. Make sure to get quotes for in-store and out of store repairs (they'll send it out to a repair facility.)

C00KiE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
California
^^^^ It's not an old laptop I bought it in august or september of last year. What's a unibody? I think they come with a year warranty. How do you check the battery? My last notebook wasn't a pro. It was a white one and i think I was able to remove the battery from the bottom. I can't from this one. I guess i'm gonna have to take it to apple. Thanks for the info though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.