Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
Does this mean it may be shipping ahead of schedule?? :D
Cause that would be nice to see. Although, who knows what will happen... I'm just gonna cross my fingers and see what happens...

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
Originally posted by galstaph
Does this mean it may be shipping ahead of schedule?? :D
Cause that would be nice to see. Although, who knows what will happen... I'm just gonna cross my fingers and see what happens...

Apple doing something ahead of schedule?
THAT would be a first :) Mostly it's the other way around.

bidge

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
New Zealand
OS X production has sped up so much in recent times. When the first release came out, which is now raher redundant, it was postponed many a time.

Someone may be able to remember all the dates but the final one I remember which they made a big thing about was March 24th.

Hmmmmm...... that's interesting yet again we see the number 24, hey cool it's my birthday, does that mean that I'm special too.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
I think we'll see the new PowerMacs released on the 13th with Jag pre-installed. They will have enough time between now and then to produce enough CDs to ship with them.

Jaguar will be released for us to buy on the 24th, just like Apple said it would.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by Beej
I think we'll see the new PowerMacs released on the 13th with Jag pre-installed. They will have enough time between now and then to produce enough CDs to ship with them.

Jaguar will be released for us to buy on the 24th, just like Apple said it would.

Just remember that if a machine is announced on the 13th, it doesn't mean it's going to ship right away. At best, I would expect at least a week lag from announcement to the first shipment.

The timing is not out of line for everything to ship at the same time.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Originally posted by galstaph
Does this mean it may be shipping ahead of schedule?? 

I wouldn't count on it. Apple has 19 day s to make thousands of CD's, package them, and send them to resellers... I'd be lucky if my local CompUSA has Jaguar a week after the 24th...

Originally posted by bidge
OS X production has sped up so much in recent times. When the first release came out, which is now raher redundant, it was postponed many a time.

Someone may be able to remember all the dates but the final one I remember which they made a big thing about was March 24th.

Hmmmmm...... that's interesting yet again we see the number 24, hey cool it's my birthday, does that mean that I'm special too.

The 24th has some special meaning for Jobs. The original Macintosh was introduced on January 24th.

SubFredZero

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2001
How does Railhead know it's GM ? What's there source ?

Does this mean that the happy mac is beign replaced by the apple logo ???

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Originally posted by G4scott

I wouldn't count on it. Apple has 19 day s to make thousands of CD's, package them, and send them to resellers... I'd be lucky if my local CompUSA has Jaguar a week after the 24th...

The 24th has some special meaning for Jobs. The original Macintosh was introduced on January 24th.

The 24th of August has special meaning indeed...the 7th anniversary of the Windows release that would be the first close to Mac look and feel, namely Windows 95. Windows prior to 95 was very unmac like by comparison.

Sepulchre

macrumors member
May 27, 2002
UK
I cant say as I've seen 6C118, however it could be possible as Apple will call a build GM and send it for shipping. After this point newer builds would be for a n.n.1 update.

Just a thought :)

guenesis

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
NYC
Pompeii

Originally posted by gopher

The 24th of August has special meaning indeed...the 7th anniversary of the Windows release that would be the first close to Mac look and feel, namely Windows 95. Windows prior to 95 was very unmac like by comparison.

On August 24, 79AD, Vesuvius erupted and destroyed Pompeii, predating the catastrophe of Windows 95 by a good bit....another tragedy!

Maybe it's time to change the significance of the date for the better!

daPhil

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Originally posted by Sepulchre
I cant say as I've seen 6C118, however it could be possible as Apple will call a build GM and send it for shipping. After this point newer builds would be for a n.n.1 update.

Just a thought :)

Good point :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.