Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Is anyone using a stylus with their iPad? I was thinking it might be useful. I saw the pogo sketch; are there other brands big enough for the iPad?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Nope, don't see a use for it as it would ruin my experience. But it would be useful if you are planning to use it to draw stuff.

sactownbwoy

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2008
I too am curious about that. Why do people keep saying a stylus is pointless. For not taking it would be ideal or drawing as some people want to do. I prefer writing notes not typing them.

I plan to use mine for notetaking during meeting and stuff. I ordered the pogo stylus.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
We have a Pogo - but the da kid hasn't bought the Sketchbook app yet to play with it.

She is sitting on $60 in iTunes cards now that Easter is over... and being VERY stingy with them. Which is good at this point in the update the apps we already have area.

But i know it's on her list - there is a 20% off coupon for TenOne if you buy PadNotes.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
We have a Pogo - but the da kid hasn't bought the Sketchbook app yet to play with it.

She is sitting on $60 in iTunes cards now that Easter is over... and being VERY stingy with them. Which is good at this point in the update the apps we already have area.

But i know it's on her list - there is a 20% off coupon for TenOne if you buy PadNotes.

Thank you. I'll check it out. :)

Nausicaa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
The Pogo Sketch is the best stylus option out there right now. It's quite good for drawing, but I think you'll be disappointed at its accuracy for notes. The screen just isn't accurate enough to register the detail of handwriting. Granted, this is based on the iPhone, it will be slightly better on the larger screen, but writing anything more than large, short notes will be near impossible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.