Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seisend

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
Hi there,

My Logic Pro 9 on my Mac Pro crashes every time I want to load an external EXS24 Instrument. However I have Logic Pro 9 on my MacBook Pro installed too and the EXS24 Instruments in the same folder and no problems at all. There is no problem using original EXS24 samples, just with the self-added ones.

I have placed my EXS24 Instruments in this folder:

Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/

The folder is called "00 Instruments" and the sounds in it are always folders with all samples in it and one .exs file along.

When I load an old project with these samples there is no problem at all. Just by changing them it crashes... Logic just hangs itself up. I tried renaming the folder, I replaced it several times. I just have no clue what to do. I experienced the problem with several version of Logic 9. Currently I have 9.1.1. Doesn't matter if I use 32 bit or 64 bit mode.

I have the exact same version and the same library management on my MacBook Pro and no problems at all..

Please somebody help me.

Thanks very much !

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-11 at 12.32.11.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-11 at 12.32.11.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 304

Plumbstone

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
I'd try repairing permissions first. Then try moving the files to user/library/application support/Logic/ etc etc..

seisend

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
Problem SOLVED !

I'd try repairing permissions first. Then try moving the files to user/library/application support/Logic/ etc etc..

Hey thanks. This worked just fine.

I actually just repaired the permissions a few days ago but I didn't removed the folder from the direction.

1. removing folger from direction (llibrary/application support/logic/sampler instruments)
2. Repair permissions with DISK UTILITY
3. move the folder back to the direction
4. Done and problem solved !

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.