Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheza the Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Australia
I've got heaps of movies and TV series that I've ripped onto my external hard drive using Mac The Ripper. Hence I've got the .vob files and all the rest. I want a really simple and direct way to just burn these files onto a standard DVD so the DVD will play on a normal DVD player so I can watch these movies etc. on my T.V. Is this possible? If so, how?
Having to convert the files into other formats etc. would take AGES and I just don't have that kinda time - if ripping straight .vob files direct to DVD for playback isn't possible what would be the quickest solution with little or no compression? I'm familiar with MPEG Streamclip, Final Cut Pro, Handbrake and Compressor.

Cheers,

Sherri

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Conversion is not necessary, as the .vob files are already in the right format.

If you have all the files (.ifo, .bup and .vob) and the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, you can either try Burn or Toast, but make sure to burn a video DVD and not a data DVD.

Also http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif is a good start to look for plenty of threads asking this question. It came up twice at least just in the last week.

Sheza the Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Australia
Thanks!

Thanks a million - this info is just what I needed - I initially did google searches for the topic not wanting to waste peoples time but there were so many varied answers, but the link you've given me is perfect.

Cheers,

Sherri

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.