Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Emanuele

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
So... I was living in the US until a few months ago, and now I relocated to Italy.

I have my AppleTV with me and the new Apple license agreement states that movies can only be rented while on the US territories.

So....are there any other Apple TV user out there that rent from Europe?

Thanks!

E.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
There are movies available to rent on the UK iTunes Store but I've never bothered because they are too expensive.

If they are not available on the Italian store you can still use your American iTunes account but you will have to add credit with US iTunes vouchers.

Emanuele

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
Thanks guys...

I have a US credit Card and bank account, but the problem is the license agreement states that movies can only be rented while in the US territories....

here it is:

"TERMS OF SALE

U.S. SALES ONLY

Purchases or rentals (as applicable) from the iTunes Store are available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions, and are not available in any other location. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Store from outside of the available territory. Apple may use technologies to verify such compliance".

I guess its a no go then?

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Thanks guys...

I have a US credit Card and bank account, but the problem is the license agreement states that movies can only be rented while in the US territories....

here it is:

"TERMS OF SALE

U.S. SALES ONLY

Purchases or rentals (as applicable) from the iTunes Store are available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions, and are not available in any other location. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Store from outside of the available territory. Apple may use technologies to verify such compliance".

I guess its a no go then?

Just ignore it. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.