Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theturtle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Okay, i know this is coming off as a bit anal but i wanted to know what you guys though. I was using my phone today and i noticed something, when it was on a white screen, i have this dark patches on my screen. Its not noticeable unless its on a all white screen but still, its kind of bothering me. would apple replace this for me or say to just suck it up and live with it? (its alot more noticeable in person, hahah)

its kind of hard to catch it on photos but i tried my best.

ta0b5v.jpg

f39frd.jpg

btw, the screen is clean. made sure it wasnt finger smudges.

theturtle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
oh and i know i should replace it if it bothers me that much. the question im asking is do you guys think i CAN get it replaced? i just want some reassurance (unless the answer is, no, the genius will most likely deny it. than that just sucks hahah) :D

Jjerome12

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2011
My iphone has the same thing. Did you get rid of yours and if you did, how to?

My iphone has the same thing. Did you get rid of yours and if you did, how to?
Okay, i know this is coming off as a bit anal but i wanted to know what you guys though. I was using my phone today and i noticed something, when it was on a white screen, i have this dark patches on my screen. Its not noticeable unless its on a all white screen but still, its kind of bothering me. would apple replace this for me or say to just suck it up and live with it? (its alot more noticeable in person, hahah)

its kind of hard to catch it on photos but i tried my best.

btw, the screen is clean. made sure it wasnt finger smudges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.