Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dark-saito

macrumors regular
Original poster
So, I've had my 3rd Gen iPod since Launch Day. I had to return it in late October because it had a Home Button issue (it didn't properly register clicks). Now, about 2 weeks ago the Left Output isn't working. Now, I've checked with several headphones and tried out said headphones on other devices proving that the problem is the iPod, not the earphones.

Now, when I bought the iPod, i bought a Warranty that (as far as I've read into it) says I can run over it with a car (accidentally ;]) and return it for a new one. This works up to 2 times. As mentioned, I've already used one of them.

I want to know what happens if I return the iPod and they have none in stock? With a few months left till the iPod 4 (presumably of course) I'd like to get the newer model vs a potentially "bad egg" 3rd gen again.

Any help appreciated! :D

Mr Slippy IV

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Vail, AZ
If you never use it, you could cash in the warranty in, say, August, sell the iPod, and get a new one at launch in September.

Otherwise, get a new one and baby it. If you keep it scratch, dent, and problem free, it could be of value on your quest for the iPod touch 4 (sounds lame, right?).

dark-saito

macrumors regular
Original poster
If you never use it, you could cash in the warranty in, say, August, sell the iPod, and get a new one at launch in September.

Now, when I bought the iPod, i bought a Warranty that (as far as I've read into it) says I can run over it with a car (accidentally ;]) and return it for a new one. This works up to 2 times. As mentioned, I've already used one of them.

I mentioned I've already used one, so thats out of the question :<

Otherwise, get a new one and baby it. If you keep it scratch, dent, and problem free, it could be of value on your quest for the iPod touch 4 (sounds lame, right?).

Actually, the one I have now is in PERFECT condition; I have an AWESOME Grip Vue case by Belkin that I recommend to anyone with an ipod 2nd/3rd Gen. My iPod doesn't have a single scratch on it. Of course, the only problem is that earphone jack issue.

I guess ideally what I'm asking if it's possible to go up there around early October, say "Oh hey, my iPod isn't working correctly" and switch it for a 4th Gen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.