Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IAmJIve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I was playing around with the flash on the camera when it wsa dark out and noticed a problem. When the pictures takes the led appears to not only light up what im taking a picture of but also putting a glare on the photo too making it hazy. I think this is due to the camera and led sharing the same glass cover and some of the light from the led is diffusing over the camera.

At first I thought this was reflection from the Speck case I have on my phone. I took it off and I have the same results. Also, yes, the glass is clean so that's not it.

Has anyone else had this issue when using the flash with the camera?

darkenrahl

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Move your finger away from the flash or else it will reflect the light back into the lens at an odd angle making the photo wash out.

AlxRymnd914

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Have you taken the protective plastic off that came on the back of the phone?

Other than that, I get no glare in my pictures.

uoduckies

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2009
I was playing around with the flash on the camera when it wsa dark out and noticed a problem. When the pictures takes the led appears to not only light up what im taking a picture of but also putting a glare on the photo too making it hazy. I think this is due to the camera and led sharing the same glass cover and some of the light from the led is diffusing over the camera.

At first I thought this was reflection from the Speck case I have on my phone. I took it off and I have the same results. Also, yes, the glass is clean so that's not it.

Has anyone else had this issue when using the flash with the camera?

I had the same problem. Than I noticed the flash was reflecting off the inside edge of the case I bought with the phone. Took the case off and problem solved. I'm returning the case and waiting till someone can get it right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.