Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrCooperS

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
Hello everyone, I very rarely post here but I do need some help. I've searched everywhere on the internet with no solution to my problem.

I've recently purchased a new 15" MacBook Pro. I purchased a DVI-HDMI cable and plugged it into my TV via: MacBook Pro>DVI-HDMI Cable>HDMI Cable>TV.

I tried to plug it in in different orders and each time, the MacBook Pro screen would flash but the TV will remain blank. I tried the "Detect Display" button but it doesn't solve anything.

I tested the same HDMI cable on my previous MacBook with a MINI DVI-HDMI and the cable and TV works.

I brought my MacBook Pro and the DVI-HDMI cable to the Apple store and it works with their TV. The Apple sales associate even gave me a new DVI-HDMI cable and it still doesn't work.

After a bit more research online, a source mentioned that the MacBook refreshes at 75HZ and my TV can only refresh at 60HZ and this is causing a conflict. My question is, is this accurate and is this the problem? Is there any solution to this? Thank you for your time.

MrCooperS

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
Solved. I have determined that the problem lies with the s****y HDMI cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.