Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gordian

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Hey guys. I've gone into a few notes on my iPhone 4 and edited them extensively. As soon as I hit "Done" I see the progress wheel and the moment it stops all my changes disappear. Anyone experience this? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help...

tfeddern

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Notes not saving changes - deletes last change

Hello. I have a 3Gs and have been having the same issue. I'm pretty sure it's related to the 4.0 operating system update that I did the other week. It's very frustrating. When I make changes to my note, after I click on the Done button, my iPhone gives the thinking symbol, and then undos all the changes I made. Grrr! I have to copy the entire note, paste it into a new note, and make my changes, and then click the Done button. If I close Notes and then reopen it to make changes, it undos all the changes. Please help! My iPhone software is up-to-date, and I do not want to reset it.

Thank you!

plbrry

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Hi folks,
I'm having the same problem. Recently upgraded to OS 4.0. Very annoying. Also (in case anyone is wondering) my phone was NOT jailbroken.
Any help in solving this would be much appreciated!

iSully

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Same problem here as well. If I need to make changes I have to make a new note :mad:

cph

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2008
Same here. Never jailbroken.

For me it happens when I edit a current note.

I have had it happened when I hit done, and the changes were not saved.

BUT, sometimes I could see the changes saved. I could open the same note and see the changes for a few days afterward. Then at some point, the changes I made disappeared, the content of the note reverted back to the state it was a week ago. I think this happens when I synced.

nparmelee

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2008
In the Mail settings, are there some accounts set to sync Notes? Try turning those off and then making a change. Then either sync notes through iTunes or try resetting the Notes sync with the mail account and see if that fixes it.

cynthetic

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2009
I've rebooted my iPhone 4, sync'ed it with my Mac, and no love. Its still not saving any changes. If I create a NEW note, it will save those changes. However if I go out and try and edit, it will lose those changes as well.

This is frustrating, as I use my notes for all my tasks. using another app temporarily.

I do NOT use Mail either.

eryximachus

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Having the same problem. Lost a good chunk of information I had written down while shopping for engagement rings. Anybody know of any way to get that info back, or is it just gone?

sachman

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
I registered just to reply to this thread. I had the same problem and the answer is in front of you given by nparmelee 'In the Mail settings, are there some accounts set to sync Notes? Try turning those off and then making a change.'

This will enable you to start editing notes again.
To retrieve your lost notes - go to mail > click on the account that was synced (if you're not sure go through all of them). Make sure you go to the 'accounts' at the bottom and not the 'inboxes' at the top. In my case it was in gmail under 'all mail'.

Hope that helps and thanks nparmelee

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.