Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samuellaw178

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
I have a late 2009 MBP with bootcamp. It has both windows xp partition and mac osx. Everything has been fine and I was able to boot into either partition perfectly until today. When I tried to boot into osx, I would get into the usual grey screen with apple logo on it, then a circle with a diagonal slash on it would appear. It would boot into the windows partition automatically after that happened. I tried holding "option" key and choose the mac partition but the same thing happens. What can I do to recover it? I really don't think I have done anything that changes the mac setting.:confused:

I would hope to settle this without restore disc because I didnt have one now (left at home).Thanks for your help!

samuellaw178

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Ouch..really?:( no other way?
I really hope that I could fix that somehow by replacing the boot loader or something..I have macdrive on the windows partition so I can access to the mac partition.I didn't have TM btw.
I just started using mac a few months ago because everyone's talking as if mac is the superior OS to windows. But so far in my 10 years of windows experience, nothing like this ever happened to windows. I can't help but keep wondering what happened to the talk of mac being the superior OS :(

MacKeeperFanMod

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Ouch..really?:( no other way?
I have macdrive on the windows partition so I can access to the mac partition.I didn't have TM btw.

If you want to access upon OS Mac partition from Windows, it is possible with HFSExplorer. Needed manual you will find here http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/07/21/how-to-access-your-os-x-partition-from-windows-in-boot-camp/

I got a crazy idea:eek:: to copy all the contents of the Mac partition.
Make a clean installation of MacOS and replace the back all the files.
Windows will no longer be, but can it be also?
But this is pure theory, so do not throw in my slippers.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.