Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hamsterz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Hey guys! I have the right ubuntu... installation already downloaded, but its for burning to a CD... which I cannot do, as its CD drive died. Where can I download the right version thats not for burning to a CD, or how can I still use this installation?

d88co88

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2009
MN
Drag the image of the downloaded file into disk utility. Click the restore tab on the flash drive's pane. Drag the image into the file image box and drag the flash drive into the destination box and click restore. Make sure the flash drive is formatted for Mac.

Hamsterz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Drag the image of the downloaded file into disk utility. Click the restore tab on the flash drive's pane. Drag the image into the file image box and drag the flash drive into the destination box and click restore. Make sure the flash drive is formatted for Mac.

Doesn't work -- the RESTORE button is shaded over.

Tried all of the methods, I cant get it to burn to the flash drive.

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
no usb for you.

lots of good ideas, but the problem is in the title...

iMac G3 will only be able to boot from a firewire drive. if you have an external FW drive, then you should be good to go. if not, maybe try finding someone local to burn the image for you, or try target mode with a computer that can boot from usb (intel). best of luck.

Hamsterz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
lots of good ideas, but the problem is in the title...

iMac G3 will only be able to boot from a firewire drive. if you have an external FW drive, then you should be good to go. if not, maybe try finding someone local to burn the image for you, or try target mode with a computer that can boot from usb (intel). best of luck.

Went through my tech junk, found a fitting CD drive. After Im done watching this movie :p I shall install it like normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.