Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yuanmoons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I have an O2 micro sim for data and i have sync'ed with itunes so the 02 software has been installed. However, its a just incase thing, I dont intend to use 3G at all unless im in a spot where i absolutely need web access & there is no wifi around.

Questions

1, If i want to use the unlimited BT Openzone & The Cloud i guess i will have to buy £2 / 500mb regardless of whether i need it just so the sim is registered and so will be recognised at the wifi spots. True? I think so but pls confirm.

2, If i dont sign up now but later need 3G access but with no wifi will i be able to register the sim at that point?

Im thinking i should just buy £2 so everything is setup ..... yes?

Thanks.

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
Buying the £2 one just sets up an account so makes it easier for when you next want to buy. I just did it for when I went to the airport.

And you're right about BT Openzone, unless you want to pay £5 an hour for that alone. Remember, if you're a BT FON member you can access the BT OPENZONE wifi spots free if you have a qualifying account.

yuanmoons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
OK, ill buy now.

They should really make it free to register an account and/or give you 1 day free when you activate as like O2 in Ireland - read it somewhere. But i suppose £2 is a very small price for unlimited wifi at hotspots if nothing else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.