Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
This is the HD/iPhone 4 version of the lockscreen found here [link]

Included are two different versions and alternative backgrounds if you dislike the added text and want your lockscreen to look more like the original. For the lockinfo version you can grab it here [link]. This version is different from the lockinfo version in a way that it is a complete hd version from the original where I updated all the graphics myself and all text is kept white, so none of the text is rendered natively and thus I am able to have more freedom to do more alternative versions.

Slider Version

ObCxd.png

Tap Version

LrrAn.png

Download Here [link]

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
That's way to busy compared to the original version.
As I said in my first post, there is an alternative background to make it look like the original. I like the busy makes the lockscreen feel more complete :D

I can do custom text request, if you don't like the words I use btw.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
The same lockscreen, but with a weird message at the end.

Come on. We don't need new threads for stuff like this. Why don't you just post in one of the other two threads already started for LockMS?

Gonna make an invisible slider version too?

Gonna make a 24 hour version too?

Gonna make it so the date is at the bottom version too?

Maybe we could start a whole new pack of wallpaper requests as well?

troyhouse

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2010
The same lockscreen, but with a weird message at the end.

Come on. We don't need new threads for stuff like this. Why don't you just post in one of the other two threads already started for LockMS?

Gonna make an invisible slider version too?

Gonna make a 24 hour version too?

Gonna make it so the date is at the bottom version too?

Maybe we could start a whole new pack of wallpaper requests as well?

+100

I posted same thing in one more thread about video wallpaper... This forum is getting destroyed bcoz of all these theme and wallpaper threads...

Can moderator just merge all of them??

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
I agree with them in what way does this deserve its own thread if it is an extension of the work someone else made and posted?

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
I agree with them in what way does this deserve its own thread if it is an extension of the work someone else made and posted?
In what way is this an extension of a work someone else made and posted? All the updated graphics are done by me and I started working on the high res version before the lockms one was made. This is the version for those who prefer to have it like the original with all white text and do not want to use lockinfo/colored text.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
In what way is this an extension of a work someone else made and posted? All the updated graphics are done by me and I started working on the high res version before the lockms one was made. This is the version for those who prefer to have it like the original and not want to use lockinfo.

i use the other one and don't have lockinfo

and to be fair i don't think the people in the other thread were the actual creators. someone put it up on the modmyi forums and the true "original" designor had a cow.

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Thanks for your hard work mate but its not really my cup of tea.

I'm not sure why people here can't just say thanks you for people trying to help out, yeah maybe it should be in the same post as the other but surely the mods can correct that if they feel this has been posted in the wrong section?

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
i use the other one and don't have lockinfo

and to be fair i don't think the people in the other thread were the actual creators. someone put it up on the modmyi forums and the true "original" designor had a cow.
Here's the original http://angelman8.deviantart.com/art/Typophone-4-175481865

His version is the same as the one in the original thread, it does not have updated graphics for the iphone 4. I'll shoot him a pm and see if he wants to include my version in his release or something. I never said the work was my own but that it was a simple high res version of the original. It was mschindelh fault for not checking up with the person who the made the original before adding it to Cydia/Modmyi, I would never do something like that. As you can see with the theme I made in my sig I would have asked permission first before putting it on da/cydia/modymyi. I can understand why the creator is mad.

Mods feel free to lock this if have to I don't care, although the version on the da page is not made for the iphone 4 retina display. I just wanted iphone 4 users like me to have a high res version of this awesome lockscreen, but other people seem not to agree with the creation of this thread yet they totally love the idea of having another users version that takes donations for ripping a theme. Awesome how macrumors members think.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
having the option to change the text is great...but i think u understood the spirit of the original design (a lot of people have modded it to fit the text in the window, sorta killing the concept).

nice work, thanx!

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
having the option to change the text is great...but i think u understood the spirit of the original design (a lot of people have modded it to fit the text in the window, sorta killing the concept).

nice work, thanx!

I agree with you, it really does kill the effect if you resize everything to fit the screen.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I agree with you, it really does kill the effect if you resize everything to fit the screen.

the original lockscreen is pretty definitive. i like some of the new color options, and the weather is a nice touch. but that original photo is hard to beat...

Attachments

• Typophone_4_by_Angelman8.jpg
    Typophone_4_by_Angelman8.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 859

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I like this! Thanks, OP! But, I'm going to change the text though to something I would like.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
Can you post some quick directions how to remove that text you put and have it just like the normal one with the unlock. I cant figure out how to do it. Thanks

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Can you post some quick directions how to remove that text you put and have it just like the normal one with the unlock. I cant figure out how to do it. Thanks
Replace Background.png with the one you want. I included different Backgrounds labeled Background2.png, Background3.png, etc. So just remove the number after Background and SSH it.

hkmanlok

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
Very good lockscreen theme!!! I love it
Is it worked with 3GS?
I installed and everything is fine but the slider
The slider remain unchanged as default
Do u hv any solution?
THx

jclfoto

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2007
Can someone please tell me how to restore the original unlock slider?

I prefer the original unlock slider to be used with this theme.

Thanks!

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
I downloaded this lockscreen from cydia, how do I get the original black background? All I'm getting is whatever my current lockscreen wallpaper is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.