Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
ffscrollbar.jpg

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Every post on the forum I go to has got at scrollbar in the middle of it.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
That kind of thing happens to me sometimes.

How often is this happening? Try using Expose to leave and then come back to the window. If you didn't try a restart yet, you might consider that too.

It looks like the scrollbar of some window just got "frozen" on your screen -- if that makes any sense. In other words, I suspect it's just a window issue, rather than an issue with Firefox or the site itself.

Peter9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
dotnina said:
That kind of thing happens to me sometimes.

How often is this happening? Try using Expose to leave and then come back to the window. If you didn't try a restart yet, you might consider that too.

It looks like the scrollbar of some window just got "frozen" on your screen -- if that makes any sense. In other words, I suspect it's just a window issue, rather than an issue with Firefox or the site itself.

I know what you mean, like it's a bug with the graphics. but it's not, the scroll bars are functional and move with the page. this happens every time i use firefox, and it's the only thing preventing me from continual use.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I can tell you want to protect your privacy, which is totally understandable. If you want to post a link to someplace at the basic level of this forum site, I'm sure some of us would be willing to visit it and see if we have the same effect. If not everyone gets this with FF, then maybe there's some setting you can change to fix this.

I did notice also, FWIW, some funny business with vertical scrollbars as a function of some of the themes -- they come out misrendered consistently with a few themes I've tried.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Hmm... Can't say I've ever had the scrollbars appear in the actual window, but when using certain themes I have had some re-draw issues. For example, when browsing MacRumors, if I'm scrolled halfway down the page when I click on a link, when it loads in the window, the scrollbar (instead of returning to its proper position at the top) stays where its at. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it was enough to convert me back to safari.

Peter9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I don't use any themes or extensions. I would link you guys to the forum, but you can't view it unless you're registered, and registration is currently closed.

Peter9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I would use safari, and always have. the bottom line is that firefox just loads faster for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.