Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atlasland

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
London, UK
How the hell do I print in landscape in Apple Preview.

I go to layout tab in the print menubox, and it has these 4 fancy diagrams, but none of them seem to mean landscape. Why isn't there a simple "Print landscape"/"Print portrait" button. At times like these I want to stick a rusty pole up Steve Jobs' bottom. Come back Microsoft - all is forgiven.

And also, why, once I click on "preview" (within the print menubox) to see what my settings look like - and I see it hasn't worked - I then have to reinput all of my settings again?

Why Steve, why?

I'm sure I'm just being dense, but I'm just about ready to kick my cat. Halp!

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
...isn't that landscape?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 782

Atlasland

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
London, UK
Ok, those screen shots are not 100% familiar.

I'm on Tiger 10.4.11. Preview version 3.0.9. Probably older than your versions.

However, I can find those buttons - they are in the Print Preview menubox (as opposed to the Print menubox). However I have tried them before (and I just tried them again), and they didn't/don't work.

ImprezaWRX

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
I know I'm bringing up an old thread...but I'm rockin' Snow Leopard and the way I was able to print landscape...was to rotate the picture and print it like a portrait. Just rotate the picture one way or the other, print it, and then just turn the paper sideways once it's done. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.