Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aminman15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hi all

I love my mba, and never had internet issues, I use a wireless connection Via Bt Broadband. My mba has been a very good machine to me for the last 2 years, but just the other day I put my mba to sleep for just over 10 hours (which i never do) and after waking it up i noticed the internet speeds slowed down significantly.. I've been trying figure out what is caused this and why it's happening but to no avail.. The only thing i could blame it on was the sleep mode? am i right in thinking this?

My download speeds went down as much as 30kb/s and no more, even with Megaupload Premium! .. I did a Speed test and it showed
0.24 mb/s Ds
0.21 mb/s Us

:confused:

anyone exprerience the same problem?

mtraven

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2010
Hey I was having the same problem with my air, but the other computers on the same internet connection seemed to be fine....turned out my router(airport) just needed a restart...if you havn't already tried restarting the router, give it a go.....

aminman15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Damn British Telecom

Thank you guys for your quick replys.

It turns out i've exceeded my providers download limit. Even though I'm subscribed to BT's unlimited connection, they have a limit on your monthly downloads where you can only download 100gb per month.. if you exceed it your connection speeds are slowed down for peak hours for 30 days!:mad: can you believe that ish! anyways thanks again guys and sorry for wasting your time, and great site btw! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.