Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
You have a passcode, yes? Someone tried to use the iPad and entered the wrong passcode 2 or 3 times.

Umm, why did I have to Google this for you?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Is your iPad p/w protected? If so, did you or someone else put the wrong p/w in multiple times? If so that is what its about.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I wasn't trying to use it because I was in my car. Also, no one else was trying to use it because no one was in the car with me at the time. Are there any other possibilities?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
well, do you use a passcode or not???

if you do, I imagine that somehow the case touched your ipad while you were riding around in the car, activated the passcode dialog and made some incorrect passcode entries.

MacJones

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Arizona
I typed my passcode incorrectly a few times to see how long you have to wait to try it again, it was only 1 minute. I didn't see anything in the settings to change the time either.

ogee

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2006
Earth.
If it was in the car and the inside of the car got hot, maybe overheat protection got activated ????

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Where do you live and what was the daily high temperature of the day this happened?

Also why are you leaving your iPad unattended in your car? That is iPad abuse.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
Just as well Flash is a no-no given that the Pad stops working if it overheats.

Maybe someone can mod a big fan onto the backplate?

dousley

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2010
I too got this message

My iPad also displayed the "iPad is disabled" message. I had forgotten to turn off my bluetooth keyboard and stuffed the iPad and keyboard in a messenger bag. The inadvertent "in-bag" keystrokes not only woke the iPad up but also entered random key depressions until the iPads password entry limit was reached. I pulled the iPad out to see the screen displaying "iPad is disabled. Try gain in 15 minutes."

LadyHoneyBabe, I hope that helps solve what happened to your iPad in your car.

RogueTess

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2011
My iPad also displayed the "iPad is disabled" message. I had forgotten to turn off my bluetooth keyboard and stuffed the iPad and keyboard in a messenger bag. The inadvertent "in-bag" keystrokes not only woke the iPad up but also entered random key depressions until the iPads password entry limit was reached. I pulled the iPad out to see the screen displaying "iPad is disabled. Try gain in 15 minutes."

LadyHoneyBabe, I hope that helps solve what happened to your iPad in your car.

This happened to me too (I'm posting from my MBP.) Silly bluetooth keyboard! Thanks for posting your experiences, folks!

elan123

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
Goblins.
543.jpg

or zombies

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.