Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quantumreh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
I was sadly needing some attention after a break-up and downloaded zoosk messenger to my iMac while goofing around on facebook. I realized very quickly I did not like anything that site had to offer me. I was able to delete the app from facebook, but not the messenger from my applications. It says I do not have permission to access all the files. I dont know where they may be hiding. How do I get this stupid mistake to stop staring me in my face every time I open up my HD window?
:confused:

JJP9398

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2009
Make sure the application is closed down either by quitting it or maybe a restart. Then you should be able to delete it.

Quantumreh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Okay, when I start up my Mac the Zoosk program starts running automatically. Maybe that is the problem. So, how to I keep it from being a program that immediately pops up upon restart. Maybe I can delete it after I figure that out.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Go to System Preferences/Accounts/Login Items. If it starts upon boot it should be there.

Quantumreh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Well, darn-it all

Thank-you Mackilroy. That did help it from popping up when I restart my Mac. However, I still cannot delete it. It says, "The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items." I'm finding this quite ridiculous because I am the one who added this stupid program. So, nevertheless I still need HELP!

Quantumreh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Hooray!

You are a genius! Thank-you! That knocked er' right out of there!

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Heh. I had a problem unlocking my own files once upon a time and found that. Glad it worked for you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.