Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
I love expose, but I often find myself with 10+ windows/browsers/apps open that I no longer need. It feels so intuitive to hold my cursor over something I want to close to highlight it, and right click it (two finger tap) to close it. But of course this is not the case.

To my knowledge there is no way to close stuff while in Expose. Am I right or is there a way to close stuff while viewed in Expose?

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
Not in expose.... but you can get LiteSwitch X to close apps while using cmd+tab.

Cheers!

EDIT: GGJstudios tip is way better.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I tried it, but couldn´t find out how.... do you mind sharing the tip? thanks!

Press Command and keep it down. Press Tab to scroll through open apps. Still holding the Command key down, when you find an app you want to close, press Q.

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
Press Command and keep it down. Press Tab to scroll through open apps. Still holding the Command key down, when you find an app you want to close, press Q.

WOW!!! how'bout that! that's great! thanks a lot.

Now, off to ditch liteswitch x...

cheers!

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I often find myself with 10+ windows/browsers/apps open that I no longer need. ... is there a way to close stuff while viewed in Expose?

Stuff? Apps, yes, using the tip above. Pressing Cmd-Tab will take you to one space rather that leave you in the Expose multi-space mode. Individual windows, multiples in the same app, no.

catrincm

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013

The same thing works for closing windows by using Command+`, then keep holding Command pressing W when you come to an a window you want to close. This stops Mac rearranging the windows, so you won't have to go through the windows that you want to keep multiple times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.