Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
i ordered last thursday 5/27 and i receive the package 5/29. super fast right. from california to connecticut.

here are some pics :) enjoy!

nice box from incipio

disregard the (bonus) screen protector that was came with the package. i just put it for a temporary solution.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Nice pics. Can you give a little bit of a review? Would you recommend this as a light case to protect the iPad when traveling or just setting down on a table?
I have placed my order on 5/30 for the black as well. I am in Canada so don't expect my shipping to be that fast.
Thanks.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
sure you can, i travelled mine with my backpack and timbuk2 xs. it feels tough in hand and very solid

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
I had two Incipio Feather cases for my iPhone - both eventually cracked and broke, so I moved on to something a little thicker. I really liked the Feather, but it just didn't hold up. Not sure whether to expect better results on the iPad. It won't spend time in a pants pocket.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
I had two Incipio Feather cases for my iPhone - both eventually cracked and broke, so I moved on to something a little thicker. I really liked the Feather, but it just didn't hold up. Not sure whether to expect better results on the iPad. It won't spend time in a pants pocket.

weird.. i have feather on my iphone and i really dont know how old it is. but still in great shape

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
weird.. i have feather on my iphone and i really dont know how old it is. but still in great shape
For my first sample, very soon after I got it, the strap that goes above the volume rocker cracked and broke out at one end. Incipio cheerfully replaced it. The second one eventually cracked down the middle of the back. That was when I gave up. I'm glad to hear of your good experience. Maybe I was just unlucky with some sort of sample defects.

The company was terrific when I complained about the first sample, so I have no reservations about their service. I didn't bother them about the second one because it did last several months, maybe the better part of a year.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I'm thinking about getting one of these. That screen protector doesn't look very good though. lol

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Doesn't look like much protection if you drop it. Good for protection against scratches but thats about it.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
Doesn't look like much protection if you drop it. Good for protection against scratches but thats about it.

you are right, i bought the case for sexiness and prevent from scratching the back..

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
for the sake of my thread. i just remove the cover and not a single scratch zero, nada..

the case is a polymer. soft and no rough edges

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
It does look good. It's the slimmest removeable casing that isn't an actual stick-on covering and can fit into the dock.

Wish mine had arrived safely. :(

tlv.in10

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2010
So 3 days in, how's it look and feel?

for the sake of my thread. i just remove the cover and not a single scratch zero, nada..

the case is a polymer. soft and no rough edges

T4R, Grateful for an update. I'm looking to trade my apple iPad case for a Feather and a Waterfield Ultra Sleeve. Have read excellent reviews of the Feather, but have also heard stories about how easily the case is prone to scratches, is slippery in the hand and causes scratches against the iPad chrome bevel.

You find any of this to be true?

Thanks for setting me straight-

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
T4R, Grateful for an update. I'm looking to trade my apple iPad case for a Feather and a Waterfield Ultra Sleeve. Have read excellent reviews of the Feather, but have also heard stories about how easily the case is prone to scratches, is slippery in the hand and causes scratches against the iPad chrome bevel.

You find any of this to be true?

Thanks for setting me straight-

actually right now i am comparing my iphone feather and ipad feather. on my iphone is like ages. there are no scratch at the back.
it has been proven on the iphone, with my coins,keys on pocket you will see a scratches at the back but if you rub it with your fingers the scratch will going to dissapear.

and for edges of the feather. the ipad feather is much smooth than my iphone feather. i am more concerned when removing the case on iphone compare to ipad.

i hope this will help you.

tlv.in10

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2010
Thanks again-

actually right now i am comparing my iphone feather and ipad feather. on my iphone is like ages. there are no scratch at the back.
it has been proven on the iphone, with my coins,keys on pocket you will see a scratches at the back but if you rub it with your fingers the scratch will going to dissapear.

and for edges of the feather. the ipad feather is much smooth than my iphone feather. i am more concerned when removing the case on iphone compare to ipad.

i hope this will help you.

Thanks so much! There's a lot of good news about this case. Just a few have complained against it. I'm grateful for your view- Thanks for taking the time and thanks for the pics-

KameronBriggs

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Somewhere Sunny, California
That looks really nice!
And your shipping was fast.
I ordered some generic brand TPU case on eBay for 10 bucks (this was last saturday). It shipped out of my homestate, and shipped out of a town that isn't even 5 hours away. Almost a week later, and it's still not here. The shipper used UPS Mail Innovations. Which SUCKS:mad:

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
its still loose, no force whatever when putting the iPad

Edit: what i mean loose is when putting on the dock.

patp

Apr 10, 2008
when the case is on is there any movement? does it stay in place as you handle the ipad landscape vs portrait?

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
when the case is on is there any movement? does it stay in place as you handle the ipad landscape vs portrait?

No movement or cracking sounds at all. Very firm and solid.
I think you are referring to switcheasy hehehhe..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.