Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pacdamac9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Im trying to sell my 3GS that has been jailbroken with blackra1n and unlocked with blacksn0w...

Before I sell it to some stranger, I wanna clear all my personal stuff off of it.

So if I were to reset from settings, "erase all content and settings", will it wipe my phone completely? Will it be like I just got it out of the box? Or do I have to sync it to iTunes to get the latest OS...

Im running on 3.1.2(7D11) and DO NOT want to go to 3.1.3 and lose my unlock.

What do you guys think?

pacdamac9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
icic... thanks for the info.

I was in Cydia the other night and I do have SHSH's for 3.1.2 on file....

Im not sure how all that works... do I contact them? I guess I should run a search for this.....

Makaveli6103

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Kansas City, MO
icic... thanks for the info.

I was in Cydia the other night and I do have SHSH's for 3.1.2 on file....

Im not sure how all that works... do I contact them? I guess I should run a search for this.....

You need to go into the hosts file on your mac or pc and add an entry. This allows iTunes to talk to Saurik's servers instead of apples. Go here http://www.saurik.com/id/12 and scroll down to bypassing the overloard section. It will tell you how to with a mac and pc

Grasshopper2Ant

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
This is my experience on 3GS. "Erase all Content and Settings" and you will:

1. Lose your JB and Unlock.
2. Keep your 3.1.2 and baseband you were on.
3. To re jailbreak and unlock, (and this is important), you will need the Original Provider Sim card to activate your iPhone. If you do not have the original provider sim card, you will be stuck!! After you activate you can put any sim in.

4. I used Spirit to JB and Blacksn0w to unlock.

Good luck.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
This is my experience on 3GS. "Erase all Content and Settings" and you will:

1. Lose your JB and Unlock.
2. Keep your 3.1.2 and baseband you were on.
3. To re jailbreak and unlock, (and this is important), you will need the Original Provider Sim card to activate your iPhone. If you do not have the original provider sim card, you will be stuck!! After you activate you can put any sim in.

4. I used Spirit to JB and Blacksn0w to unlock.

Good luck.

How did you restore back to 3.1.2 ?
I assume your had your SHSH's saved locally or thru cydia.
If not itunes wont let you restore it to anything but the latest OS thats out at the moment.

Grasshopper2Ant

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
Did not have blogs saved. Did not restore to 3.1.2. as it was running on 3.1.2 with 05.11.07 baseband.

Original poster is running 3.1.2 (7D11) just like mine.

When "Erase All Content and Settings" the version and baseband stayed the
same.

Just could not activate it until put in original sim. I knew the original provider of phone so I got one to activate. When activated it was on same version and baseband.

Trying to warn the Original poster of above before he "Erases".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.