Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chickdigger802

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
I remember the beta version of itunes for windows came out within a week or 2 before 3.0 officially came out (I had 3.0 GM on my phone and use windows). So based off previous year's pattern can we expect itunes 9.2 beta for windows within a week or so?

chickdigger802

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Um I know it requires 4.0 requires 9.2, just was wondering if any news or what not that hint that windows users will get 9.2 beta anytime soon.

No, get a Mac. Just how Microsoft/Windows products get PC priority, the same applies to Apple/Mac products. iPhone devs use Macs, therefore don't expect a iTunes 9.2 beta. Apple will mostly likely release the iTunes 9.2 when OS 4.0 is released (late June).

chickdigger802

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
hmmm but I swear there was a beta version for itunes for windows like a day or 2 after 3.0 GM was out.

Maybe it's just my memory.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
they clamping down this year by making 4.0 beta mac only which would explain no windows beta of iTunes

Well you do need OS X to develop for the iPhone, so I don't see why they would release iOS 4 GM or iTunes 9.2 beta for Windows.

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
Well one would think they would release a beta for windows for the same reason they release betas for everything else.

To make sure it works properly ahead of a mass release!

danielsmu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
Well one would think they would release a beta for windows for the same reason they release betas for everything else.

To make sure it works properly ahead of a mass release!

Heh, you're looking for logic where there's none to be found. From an IT software development standpoint, waiting this long to test iOS 4.0 on a very large percentage of iPhone users (Windows users) is terrible from a QA standpoint.

Just ignore the logical reasons why a registered iPhone dev would use a PC as their primary machine...ignore the fact that apple released multiple beta versions of iTunes for Windows on OS 3.0 betas...ignore the potential problems that may arise from apple's arrogance in ignoring the Windows market during the beta timeframe. Just get a mac!! </sarcasm>

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I just hope it runs better on windows than it does now. I have to say that itunes for the pc is just about the slowest program I use day to day. I have a pretty decent windows 7 pc desktop.

I have never tried it on a Mac, just iPad and multiple iPhones.

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ
I just hope it runs better on windows than it does now. I have to say that itunes for the pc is just about the slowest program I use day to day. I have a pretty decent windows 7 pc desktop.

I believe I have read that iTunes for Windows is basically the same exact code base as the OS X version. Apple uses a wrapper program ("Apple Application Support" I believe) that allows iTunes to run under Windows without them having to make a 100% native version of iTunes for Windows. I don't recall where I read this, but if true it would explain why iTunes runs like complete crap under Windows. I'm really surprised that this poor performance in iTunes has existed through this many major versions for Windows.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
Most people who have iPod/iPad/iPhone's sync them to a PC. You would think as big as apple is on the user experience they would strive to make the windows itunes experience a lot better than it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.