Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt T

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Australia
Can somebody please recommend me a good Flash blocker for Safari?

I've done a few searches and can't seem to find anything. The best I could find was ClickToFlash, but no matter what I do it refuses to install.

Thanks guys :)

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
Are you already running Safari 5? ClickToFlash IS a great flash blocker, but I installed it when running Safari 4 and it just kept working under Safari 5. Maybe there is an installer issue if you are already running Safari 5 and the developers need feedback to correct it.

Matt T

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Australia
No I'm using Safari 4 - I can't upgrade to 5 because my data allowance is VERY limited, and I can't afford to download the installer. :eek:

I've tried numerous times to install ClickToFlash but it simply never installs - I keep getting the same error: "The installer could not write the receipt". I've tried restarting and installing, using an admin account, the terminal commands they suggest on their site - I don't know why, but it just won't work. Which is why I'm asking for a good alternative.

eco7077

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
Screenshot2011-02-04at72026PM.png

???????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.