Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
I was searching and didn't find any.. I m looking for a car mount for my iPad do U guys have any experience with that.? Where and which one should I get thanks

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
I wonder if TomTom for ipad will come out first or actually a usable iPad car mount first. It's no easy to be an early adapter...

Dogpilot

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2010
Well I used an Apple case some ABS sheet and shockcord to make one. I link to the stereo with a BlueBridge bluetooth module connected to the aux port of my stereo. The shock cord goes through the bent ABS sheet and the Apple case to hold it in position. Works on and off the road in my VW Syncro (4WD) Camper. Makes using the mapping and iPod functions a snap. Cost next to nothing to make. Making or buying a mount is very dependent on your car's dash design. THe Ram mount, while lever, makes your car seem like a police cruiser. The Belkin Powerbolt work fine to charge/power the pad if 8 hours isn't enough time.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.