Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlayWithTV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
My iPod Touch is stuck on the Apple logo when rebooting. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Edit: Reset doesn't work.

MattVz

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2009
This Will Fix Your Ipod Touch!!!

My ipod touch has done this many times!!!!

THE SOLUTION

1: PLUG YOUR IPOD INTO YOUR COMPUTER!!!

2: HOLD THE "HOLD" AND THE "MENU" BUTTON UNTIL THE TOUCH'S SCREEN GOES BLACK AND SHOWS THE APPLE LOGO AGAIN THEN RELEASE THE BUTTONS!!!

3: WAIT ABOUT 5-15 MINUTES!!!

4: YOUR COMPUTER WILL MAKE A "CHIME" SOUND AND THEN THE IPOD WILL SHOW THE LOCKED SCREEN WITH THE BATTERY LOGO...

This works every time for me when my ipod crashes, the screen is stuck on the apple logo or if the screen goes white...

Hope this helps
Edit/Delete Message

jonathansmith68

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
Thank you for posting this solution! I thought I was going to have send my iPod Touch into Apple but this did the trick!

oisin09

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2009
ireland
crashed also

My itouch is comepletluy frozen, it happend when i let the battery run really low and it crashed, gave me the option to sitch off and unfortunatley i didnt, so its crashed all night.

MyMaria

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2009
wow! it worked! thanks so much!!! i thought my ipod touch just died on me :rolleyes:

Fainer

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I just sold my ipod touch last week to get the iPhone 3Gs. I was going to ship it today and was playing with it and it crashed to the black screen with the white apple. Nothing I was trying was working.

THIS DID!

Thanks for saving my butt!

Appleipodlova

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2010

THE SOLUTION

2: HOLD THE "HOLD" AND THE "MENU" BUTTON UNTIL THE TOUCH'S SCREEN GOES BLACK AND SHOWS THE APPLE LOGO AGAIN THEN RELEASE THE BUTTONS!!!

4: YOUR COMPUTER WILL MAKE A "CHIME" SOUND AND THEN THE IPOD WILL SHOW THE LOCKED SCREEN WITH THE BATTERY LOGO...

This works every time for me when my ipod crashes, the screen is stuck on the apple logo or if the screen goes white...

Hope this helps
Edit/Delete Message

Thank You SOOOOOOO much i thought i had stuffed up my ipod touch!!:D:apple:

netoben

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2010
waaay to go

you just saved me from a sure restore and lost of information, thanks a lot!
:D

camaro3de

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2010
ipod keeps shutting off

Hi I am not happy. I got my Ipod for xmas and everything was good. till two weeks ago when it started just shutting of with little lines as if a glitch. if i tried to search it would go off. so i reset, restored, etc and no luck. i never upgraded nor jailbreak. I wonder if it has something to do with an app cause battery is good and plenty of memory. I took it to apple they could not fix it so they replaced it. Then i tried to use backup and i have no saved games and its doing the same thing the last one did. even worse it wont even come on. What is going on? Could it be a bug from computer or app? maybe i shouldnt off restored apps from old one cause thats where the error may be.

Please help me!
My email chevy3de@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Shannon

Kirstin14587

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2010

THE SOLUTION

Hope this helps
Edit/Delete Message

Omg Thank yu So Much For This At First I Didnt Understand Now I Do! Its Trying To Restore My Ipod Right Now But It Dosent Wanna Restore In Itunes
Ughh ;[ Butt Thank Yu For Yur Helpp!!!! I Wouldnt Get This Far Without This Information :D

baseman101

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2010
Same Problem

:confused:I have the same problem... I was getting an app, and an alert popped up. I kept on pressing OK, but then it froze. Then I pressed the sleep and wake button together and I restarted it. Now I have a screen on my iPod touch with the apple logo. Every 5 minutes the screen turns white, and it restarts with the apple logo thing. None of the solutions online worked for me. I hope someone can come up with a solution for me(I doubt no one can because I called apple customer service and they said, "I do not know how to fix this problem.")!:confused:

wlflvr12

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010

THE SOLUTION

Hope this helps
Edit/Delete Message

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU JUST SAVED MY RELATIONSHIP

the gooner

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
help

THE SOLUTION

Hope this helps
Edit/Delete Message

I restored my ipod yesturday cus i thought my ipod was getting slow. then when the restore proces was done and it was starting up and then it stucks on the aple logo with a loadin-circle. Im waiting in like 15 minutes and then the ipod starts over again. plZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help
(this method that everybody is talking about heree doesnt work and itunes cant find the ipod)

yopastorearl

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2010
Me, too

I am having the same issue, but the aforementioned fix didn't work for me...nor did the fix at the end the link that is above. Any other fixes of which anyone is aware? Is this worth the $30 call to Apple tech support? Will they be able to do anything for me?

ilovemyipodx3

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Thank U Soooo Much

THE SOLUTION

Hope this helps
Edit/Delete Message

MY IPOD JUST DID IT, AND IT WORKED. THANK U SOOOOO MUCH! (i know this is late but it was a hugh help thanks again)

saxophun7

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
grrrr

different twist. during version update computer locked up, did not complete update, ipod touch error message display. after trying all the ideas i've seen posted not success. ends with display of symbol of usb plug with itunes logo above. computer goes "dong dung" when i plug in but itunes does not show it on the list; nothing hapens. insights or suggestions welcome.

JennifeeLovee

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
Solution not found.. ANY HELP?!

I restored my ipod yesturday cus i thought my ipod was getting slow. then when the restore proces was done and it was starting up and then it stucks on the aple logo with a loadin-circle. Im waiting in like 15 minutes and then the ipod starts over again. plZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help
(this method that everybody is talking about heree doesnt work and itunes cant find the ipod)

Thats the same thing that happened to me. i mean happening. If you find a solution can you please send me the solution at jennifee_ily@hotmail.com ? if that is opssible. the other thing that everybody else says works great doesnt work AT ALL. i called apple, searched for solutions went to the store myself but the waiting list was too long so i came back home. my ipod has been doing this for about 24 hours now. thx so much if some one could help us both. WE NEED ANSWERS!!! :( :apple: :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.