Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Just applied my GelaSkin.

4695221226_f77fdebce9_b.jpg

These are a whole lot more forgiving than InvisibleSheild and other similar overlays. Plus the artwork will hide any air bubbles. =)

Word of advice on applying these, use the wet method. Go to town on the H2O.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
The water comment was unnecessary. I've applied these before, from Gelaskins and Uniqueskins (same 3M brand vinyl). Those ridges are air tunnels, there's really no way to botch the application, i have no idea how you end up with bubbles when all air trapped in the case can slide right out through those little tunnels.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
The water comment was unnecessary. I've applied these before, from Gelaskins and Uniqueskins (same 3M brand vinyl). Those ridges are air tunnels, there's really no way to botch the application, i have no idea how you end up with bubbles when all air trapped in the case can slide right out through those little tunnels.

I use the Wet Method because it is a lot easier to get the skin centered on the FIRST TRY. Because the water allows you to float the skin into position before you squeegee. Without the water I find myself applying and pealing multiple times before getting it just right. No bubbles, the tunnels do allow air bubbles escape, but the water also helps.

You say tomato and I say tomato. Personal pref I guess. =D

TurboSC

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2007
California
I've always applied my skins with a hearty dose of soap water. It definitely helps with the positioning.

P.S. Escher FTMFW.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
I have never seen anything more ugly in my life.

The poor apple designers that put all the work into creating an esthetically pleasing case must literally gag when they see these!

Sorry but they are really not very good looking at all.

Fanatik7

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
I love it. I was going to get the same gelaskin but went with zaggskins since i had a 50% off code. I love these but they really don't make sense if you will have your iPad in a case.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
the graphic is not my cup of tea, but gelaskins are cool. I just got myself a vinyl decal...and I am actually putting it on right now. Will post in a few.

Edit..

and here it is:

IMG_0213-1.jpg

decal with switcheasy nude :D

Gahau

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010

The poor apple designers that put all the work into creating an esthetically pleasing case must literally gag when they see these!

Wow...
I just purchased the gummy bear anatomy one...
Please please could you tell me if you think it's ugly?
Oh no... I am so worried that you might think it's ugly... I won't be able to sleep tonight

Gahau

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
This one is not bad! Good for you!

noooooo I need 3goldens' opinion !
LOLOL
okok Enough ***** around
yeah I tough that the gummy bear one was pretty cute...
I guess I am going to have to abandon my powersource screen protector...

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010

Then you haven't met my cousin Bob XD

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
the graphic is not my cup of tea, but gelaskins are cool. I just got myself a vinyl decal...and I am actually putting it on right now. Will post in a few.

Edit..

and here it is:

IMG_0213-1.jpg

decal with switcheasy nude :D

Yeah me too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.