Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
K, so i have my ipad jailbroken ( spiritjb ).

I have also installed backgrounder ( main reason for jb'ing )

When i view my running apps, mail is always running. When i cxl it out, it will reappaear. Anyone know how to stop this?

ciaran00

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
Feature of the OS. It is what it is...

Even with a task switcher you can kill the app, but not prevent its behavior of coming back up sometime later (probably when your network switches).

Zazoh

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Curious, what is the purpose? I get 10+ hours of bat life and don't run out of memory. Is it really worth all the worry, time and effort? Maybe it is just curious.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
K, so i have my ipad jailbroken ( spiritjb ).

I have also installed backgrounder ( main reason for jb'ing )

When i view my running apps, mail is always running. When i cxl it out, it will reappaear. Anyone know how to stop this?

If you have Backgrounder installed, you should be able to use the overrides in the latest updates to disable the native functionality of the mail app. You can set it to close on exit and stay closed.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
scirica said:
If you have Backgrounder installed, you should be able to use the overrides in the latest updates to disable the native functionality of the mail app. You can set it to close on exit and stay closed.

Rock on, i didnt even think about backgrounder. To be honest, ive never looked into the settings of that app before.

It worked like a charm!! Thx!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.