Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
Also there's an app called Lyrics which I have used occasionally - unfortunately I do not have a link to it, just google it (with mac and itunes) and you will find it.

pup975

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
I've got Sing that iTunes running with the "Save Lyrics in iTunes" check off, but it doesn't seem to save it to the song in iTunes when I click on the "Get Info --> Lyrics." Am I doing something wrong?

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Harmonic will also do it, although wherever it's getting the lyrics from is rather a patchy database, it has some songs off albums but not others for some odd reason.

mackiwilad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2007
Ask the Goverment!
Works like a charm. Thank you very much. Just what I was looking for.

Really? Didn't work for me at all. Just keeping on spinning that little orange light next to 'Active Tagging'

I still haven't found an application that actually tags the lyrics of a currently playing song. Its not like we are doing something complicated like trying to find an honest politician or anything!

EDIT:
Rather than just bitching about the problem on a forum, I decided to keep at it. That light mentioned above is a sign that it is not working and no lyrics will be tagged. The light should be green.
The application will work if you are logged in as an Administrator and not as a Standard User.

Another application to try which works really well on bulk (as in entire library) tags is Pollux, which goes for ten bucks a year. It seems to work on selected tracks and on tracks as they are added, but I don't think it works on tracks as you listen like the Get Lyrical app does.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
To do an entire library use get lyrical and needle drop. Set get lyrical to active tagging and then add the needle drop script to iTunes. Needle drop will play each song for an amount of time that you specify (I use 10 seconds). So needle drop will play each song for a few seconds and get lyrical will add the lyrics.

bsteyaert

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2008
...Needle Drop will play each song for a few seconds and Get Lyrical will add the lyrics.

What a great combination. This is working perfectly for me, minus a few songs that are unable to locate lyrics. No biggie.

I am just watching the orange light turn from orange to green, and presto. Lyrics added to my library. Now I am just going to leave my music going for weeks....:eek:

randomnickname

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2011
What a great combination. This is working perfectly for me, minus a few songs that are unable to locate lyrics. No biggie.

I am just watching the orange light turn from orange to green, and presto. Lyrics added to my library. Now I am just going to leave my music going for weeks....:eek:

You don't need this step. Select your entire library (or some subset of it) and click "Tag Selection" in the Get lyrical window. It will work it's way through all the songs, and give you a playlist with the unsuccessful results when it's done.

I just ran a batch, and it took about 20 minutes for 200 songs, on ADSL.

molex

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
+1 for Get Lyrical

Great little program, highlight all your songs with no lyrics, hit "Tag selection" and it will get very nearly all of them automatically. Wish I'd known about this little app sooner!

ilikecorn500

macrumors member
May 16, 2011

You could just select all of your albums or songs and "Tag Selected" in Get Lyrical.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
I've read through thread after thread and have tried many of the suggestions. after hours of loads and testing I have come to the point that for me the best app is MiniLyrics by Crintsoft. This app will auto-tag, multiple skins, auto scrolls and support which will actually reply to your questions. Its written for windows but has a plugin which works perfect with my rMBP. If you're looking for a good lyrics app you may want to give this a spin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.