Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2007
50976.png

I want this but bigger!

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Here's a HQ iBook wallpaper inbcluding others I made for the Iphone 4, I might redo another iBook wallpaper from scratch come thursday and see if I can make one better then this one.

DRIjS.jpg

rkb5G.jpg

5U0Vm.png

xERyK.png

Baltika09

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
Here's some photos I've collected for my iPad, they will work nicely for the iPhone also. I'm using one on my iPhone 3GS running iOS4...

IPhoneDesktop.PNG
BlueUnendingSpirals.JPG

Venedig.JPG
BlueBlackHole.PNG

blueSun.JPG

BlueMatrix.JPG
Flames.JPG

doteyes9

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2007
Seeing the size of these pictures, I'm beginning to realize how massive the iP4's resolution really is....

Yep. Made me realize that my MacBook has a smaller vertical resolution than the iPhone 4 does... And that it has half of the horizontal resolution of my MacBook too.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2007
I'm really looking forward to the higher resolution screen. I whipped this up real quick in PhotoShop just now--I liked the look of the leathery one on the 1st page of this thread and thought I'd go for a carbon fiber look:

iSummit.jpg

Hey can you do another one but without the Apple please?!

Amazing!

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
What's the best cropping tool that will allow you to specify a crop of a certain size, then scale it up or down as necessary proportionately? I've done these manually before, but it'd be nice to be able to lock in a size then scale as needed.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
iPhone 4 wallpaper 640x960 in size

Attachments

• Frosted-HD-iPhone.png
    Frosted-HD-iPhone.png
    561.9 KB · Views: 6,660
  • iPhone4.jpg
    iPhone4.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 5,276

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
That frosted glass one is a fun idea--I may whip that up so I can put that over any of my backgrounds, then the app BG would be the same pic w/out the apple frosted glass.

It looks pretty good on the phone. If you come up w/more combos I hope you post-em for use. I like the idea also.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
What's the best cropping tool that will allow you to specify a crop of a certain size, then scale it up or down as necessary proportionately? I've done these manually before, but it'd be nice to be able to lock in a size then scale as needed.

I've used xat.com Image Optimizer for years now and quite like it. You can download the trial version, allegedly for 30 days, but if you exceed the trial period it continues to work. That's what I use to resize &/or crop everything.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2007
I actually just realized that interfaceLIFT has a download selection for iPhone 4 already. (Not sure if someone had already mentioned that yet or not.)

Super easy to get gorgeous wallpapers without any cropping or editing required!

I must be retarded because I can't find this iPhone 4 section .. how do I get there? :rolleyes:

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I must be retarded because I can't find this iPhone 4 section .. how do I get there? :rolleyes:

Under the pictures there's a drop down menu next to the download button. It has all the option for resolutions. iPhone 4 should be there under "Apple Devices". They have them from pages 1 through about 6 or 7. The only thing is they're automatically cropped from the original picture, but they still look very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.