Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumorsun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but

One of the Apple employees at Valley Fair Mall in Silicon Valley told me that
they have over 2,000 reservations.

They don't have formal plans yet, but there is talk to stay open until 11:00 p.m and they will probably shut the line down at 9:45-10:00 to make sure they can serve everyone before closing. They think they will run out of unreserved phones fairly early, and by afternoon will only take people with reservations.

He stressed that nothing is finalized and things may change.

jhuang

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Thanks for the heads-up! When I finally got through to somebody at VF I didn't think to ask that.

Oakridge told me that they have 900 reservations, as well. And in case it helps anyone, both stores told me that AT&T authorized users are ok to purchase.

It's gonna be a looong night on the 23rd...

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I got my 3G and 3GS from Valley Faire, and even though they're are a lot of people who shop their during launch, I really enjoy interacting with everyone in line.

also, both years Woz was their, but I never got the chance to go over to say Hi. Valley Faire is the mall to be at.

jhuang

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Hmm, when do you guys think people will start lining up at VF? I've never done launch day before so I have no idea.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Hmm, when do you guys think people will start lining up at VF? I've never done launch day before so I have no idea.

Valley Faire allows you to camp out over night inside. But you must be inside before they close the mall, otherwise you must wait until I believe 5am when they re-open.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I've never actually camped out at Valley Faire, but I do show up around 5am to find people surprisingly very awake and excited.

During the 3G launch, I walked right by Woz and didn't even realize it until later in the day that I read somewhere that he was right in front of me.

fuzzielitlpanda

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2008
thanks for the info. i have mine reserved at oak-ridge. now, i just need to know if i can buy it at the no commitment price

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.