Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caolan96

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Derry, Northern Ireland, UK
Hello All,

I'm here to ask a few questions.

1: Any recommendation for good skins, for the back of the iPad, that have a cut out for the apple logo, like the MacBook skins.

2: I am going to also purchase a shield for the screen, so what would you guys recommend?

Cheap eBay ones, zagg invisible shield, or power support.

Thanks in advance,

Caolán.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I use and prefer power support anti-glare for the screen, but there are other pretty good ones, but not Zagg.

I also use a back skin from sgpstore.com. they have several patterns -a textured white, or black, a black cube, and I have the black carbon on my 3G. they sell a pretty good screen protector too, i read.
the back skin has a perfect apple outline cutout (comes with a mini clear shield to cover just the apple), not a cheap circle cutout you see on cheap cases. It fits in all cases and docks fine too, (if you use the Apple dock.)

http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1321

Caolan96

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Derry, Northern Ireland, UK
I use and prefer power support anti-glare for the screen, but there are other pretty good ones, but not Zagg.

I also use a back skin from sgpstore.com. they have several patterns -a textured white, or black, a black cube, and I have the black carbon on my 3G. they sell a pretty good screen protector too, i read.
the back skin has a perfect apple outline cutout (comes with a mini clear shield to cover just the apple), not a cheap circle cutout you see on cheap cases. It fits in all cases and docks fine too, (if you use the Apple dock.)

http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/1321

Great thanks for the help, what's wrong with the zagg?

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Best Buy sells it for iPad, they had them on the display ipads, the screens felt sticky and tacky to me, and attracted grime and gunk, esp with all the kids playing with them. somehow zagg is very popular, I don't know why, probably cause Best Buy sells it. but there are other brands online cheaper and better IMO. power support is well regarded but considered pricey at $25, but I see the zagg is $30.
just one opinion.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Hello All,

I'm here to ask a few questions.

1: Any recommendation for good skins, for the back of the iPad, that have a cut out for the apple logo, like the MacBook skins.

2: I am going to also purchase a shield for the screen, so what would you guys recommend?

Cheap eBay ones, zagg invisible shield, or power support.

Thanks in advance,

Caolán.

Not a fan of the skins with the apple cut out. Mainly because when you line up the Apple cut out perfectly the outer edges would be off by quit a bit.

For me, I use GelaSkins for the back...

4715473149_52a29bef31_b.jpg

... and Power Support Anti-Glare for the front.

4716115850_5212dd1ffa_b.jpg

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
Gelaskins

Not a fan of the skins with the apple cut out. Mainly because when you line up the Apple cut out perfectly the outer edges would be off by quit a bit.

For me, I use GelaSkins for the back...

I agree. I bought Gelaskins because of the thread you started a short while ago.

I had been resistant to skins because I just didn't want to stick things (use adhesive) on to my devices, iPad or iPhone. On the other hand, I dislike full blown cases and wish to have my devices as naked as possible. Most of the time, I just need something on the back to protect the device from scratches when I put it on a table. So I would go with back covers like the NUDE. I tried several of these and even modifed a case to create one of my own. I was never 100% happy with any of them.

Now that I have tried a skin, I love it. This is exactly what I want. The skin does not really add to the weight. It protects the back and improves the grip. And it seems that Gelaskins are better than the others out there in terms of the materials uses.

Highly recommended.

Formul

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
Czech Republic

SGP "leather" skin is awesome, fits perfectly and i honestly dont feel need for any other protection. After 2 months the screen is without any scratches.

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
Gelaskins are highly recommended. They do a great job protecting the back too.

Do you think that using a Gelaskin would help to hide a slight dent in the back of the iPad? I was thinking that a busy design or image may just hide that slight imperfection??

heskey627

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Hi all,
I want to cover my ipad with a new skin. I already had a skin but its to old i need some good looking skin on it, So can any one provide some kind of skins stuff for my ipad.

Ipad skins

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.