Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I have some small Windows apps that don't have installers, and just consist of a single executable. If I double-click them, it will start up the Crossover installer. The PC executable will then run and I can use it, and I can cancel the Crossover installer fine.

But is there a way of 'installing' these executables in a particular bottle, etc.? So I can run Crossover, and then run the app from 'Programs' menu within Crossover?

Thanks!

PS- A second question- does Crossover support the optical drive? I downloaded an open source app called 'DVDisaster' that creates par/recovery files for scratched disks. The app installs and runs, but does not detect when I insert a disk.

Wondersnite

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2010
I want to know how to do this too.

What Crossover does is use and .exe installer and then install the actual program. What I want is to know how to just launch the and .exe, because in some case the .exe is the program itself and not the installer!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Google winebottler. Does exactly what you want for simple exes.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.