Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I don't know how many others are interested in this but I ordered an iPad Camera Connection Kit on June 17th. I have not had a delivery notice until tonight. It says it will ship June 28th for a July 1st delivery.

VvCompHelpvV

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2009
I'm finally getting mine. I ordered it awhile back...finally shipped the 17th...gonna get it the 23rd. This wed. 8). Super happy.

I actually forgot about my order for a good while till I got my email. Lol.

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
hmmm..

I ordered mine June 14th and it says Ships July 27, Delivery on July 30th!!

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Ordered June 10, ships July 23. I'm thinking the OP must have ordered on MAY 17th? :confused:

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
I ordered June 11, shows shipping date 27th July also. Some other people in another forum I use in Australia ordered latere and have received them. Not sure what's going on :(

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
I don't know how many others are interested in this but I ordered an iPad Camera Connection Kit on June 17th. I have not had a delivery notice until tonight. It says it will ship June 28th for a July 1st delivery.

I ordered one on the 18th, just checked my order status and it shows it will ship Aug.2 for receipt on Aug. 5. :(

If I find one at a store before then I will cancel this order.

rockafella

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
Ordered mine on June 11, shipping date on July 23 :(

I decided to buy one at expansys uk, which should be dispatched by the end of the month.

zenjabba

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2008
I ordered June 11, shows shipping date 27th July also. Some other people in another forum I use in Australia ordered latere and have received them. Not sure what's going on :(

Ordering in Australia last Thursday, arrived Friday Morning.. still showing 4 - 6 weeks on itunes store.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Ordered mine From Apple on June 1st. Shows a shipping date of July 1st.

I also ordered one from Best Buy on May 26th. It hasn't shipped yet either.

Lamarak

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
Ordered mine May 24, Its in Alaska right now but least its being shipped. ) updated.. its in Memphis, TN )

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Wish you could just buy the USB adapter. I have no use for the SD reader, and even if I did I could plug a USB one in.

MrFuzz

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2010
Ordered mine on May 23. Shipped on June 14. Arrived on June 18.

One thing I didn't notice in the specs - it doesn't work with iPhone 3G.

Or, said in a bit different way...

It works like a charm with my 5 year old USB card reader with an adaptor for a 5 year old Sony Memory stick, but not my 2 year old iPhone 3G.

Grrrrrrrrrr

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Ordered mine on May 23. Shipped on June 14. Arrived on June 18.

One thing I didn't notice in the specs - it doesn't work with iPhone 3G.

Or, said in a bit different way...

It works like a charm with my 5 year old USB card reader with an adaptor for a 5 year old Sony Memory stick, but not my 2 year old iPhone 3G.

Grrrrrrrrrr

There's an App called Photo Transfer that will allow you to move pics wirelessly from iPhone to iPad or computer, and vice versa. Works like a charm with my original iPhone, although reviews yesterday indicated that it's not yet iOS4 compatible. I think it's around $2.99.

MrFuzz

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2010
IrishVixen said:
There's an App called Photo Transfer that will allow you to move pics wirelessly from iPhone to iPad or computer, and vice versa. Works like a charm with my original iPhone, although reviews yesterday indicated that it's not yet iOS4 compatible. I think it's around $2.99.

Thanks for that. I'll probably end up grabbing one of those pic swapping apps.

Just seems to me that the 3G should work with an Apple built adaptor. Someone made a conscious decision to make it not work. That's the part that makes me growl...

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
why are these in such short supply? doesn't seem like something that should be hard to find. is apple limiting production of these or is there something else at work here?

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
why are these in such short supply? doesn't seem like something that should be hard to find. is apple limiting production of these or is there something else at work here?

I've heard rumors that the unobtanium operation on Pandora has run into some resistance from some indiginous peoples... Na'vi or something? :D

It really is getting ridiculous... how hard is it to build these things?! :confused:

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Conspiracy Theory! Gave up...paid more on Ebay...

I think Apple didn't WANT the device to work like it is working, and secretly did a recall of every single one it had shipped to vendors but had not sold and is 1 by 1 modifying the devices to not work as it did originally.

In the mean time, they have stopped production of all new devices until they can figure out a new design.

This is some demand: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Camera-kit-...ing_Apple_Mac_Accessories&hash=item4aa1e0c08e

Is ANYBODY willing to pay that much?

Interestingly, there is a guy with one with an SD only adapter for open bidding. Actually, I just found some more at only $55. I am thinking about pulling the trigger. $20 to have it now...vs months from now. Sheesh!!!

Well, I just bought one ebay...I figure I can sell the SD card adapter while they are still so back ordered and come out not too bad.

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
I think Apple didn't WANT the device to work like it is working, and secretly did a recall of every single one it had shipped to vendors but had not sold and is 1 by 1 modifying the devices to not work as it did originally.

..and they're using underpants gnomes to do it.

In the mean time, they have stopped production of all new devices until they can figure out a new design.

Except that some revolutionary element within Apple has been railing against the evil empire and secretly shipping out "original" versions as they manufacture them to the original specifications in an underground manufacturing facility outside the reach of the Apple Stormtroopers.

Translation without the fiction: Apple shipped my camera kit to me last week and it works exactly as the ones available on release day before the overwhelming demand that far exceeded Apple's expectations caused them to receive more orders than they're manufacturing facilities could keep up with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.