Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

historyteacher

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Anybody in the know out there have any idea when the grip vue will be available for the new iPhone? Also what stores might carry it? I love the one on my iPad. Thanks for the info!

Payton3485

macrumors member
May 1, 2010
This is the one case I want as well. I also have it for my iPad and I love it!!! All I need is this case and my Power Support front screen protector and I am set.

samuelmacdaddy

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2010
i just got one on ebay uk for £10.
should recieve it on monday or tuesday, will let you guys know what its like.

timothevs

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
FL
Hey thanks for posting the bit about it being on EBay. I love the Grip vue on my iPad, can't expect anything less for the iPhone. I looked it up on EBay and the seller says it will reach within 2-4 days, although I wonder if he means delivery in the UK.

I am on the JR "Notify Me" list. I really hope they release the cases in time for the launch.

Gxray

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2009
I was looking at the guy selling them on ebay, but seems kinda shady to me. Look at all his negative feedback in his history.

Also he hasn't used ebay in quite a while from the looks of it. Some guy with very little history and a lot of it negative is the first in the world to get a hold of these and start selling them? Doesn't seem right to me. Good luck with those who did purchase though. Hope it works out :)

historyteacher

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I was looking at the guy selling them on ebay, but seems kinda shady to me. Look at all his negative feedback in his history.

Also he hasn't used ebay in quite a while from the looks of it. Some guy with very little history and a lot of it negative is the first in the world to get a hold of these and start selling them? Doesn't seem right to me. Good luck with those who did purchase though. Hope it works out :)

This was my thought exactly! You guys that have already ordered...please let us know how it works out.

samuelmacdaddy

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2010
damn i didnt check his feedback when i ordered mine and told you guys:(
if any one is thinking of getting one, i will report back hopefully monday and let you know if he is trustworthy.

Zinger314

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
The Grip Vue is the only case I've seen so far that I would get over the bumper. (I want a hard case that doesn't obscure much of the phone)

I'm curious to see how it looks.

Gxray

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2009
There is a US seller on ebay selling the Grip Vue cases here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220625495768

Doesn't have much history either, but none of it is negative. It didn't list color, so I emailed them asking and this was their response:

We only have the CLEAR version available right now.

I am sorry our order is still on the way to USA, and it will arrive around Wednesday or Thursday!

We should be the first one to have this Belkin Grip Vue Case in the USA!

From this we can assume that other places will probably be getting the cases in this week as well.

TW!SM

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009

Doesn't have much history either, but none of it is negative. It didn't list color, so I emailed them asking and this was their response:

From this we can assume that other places will probably be getting the cases in this week as well.

I ordered a Grip Vue for my iPad from that seller and the service was excellent. Shipping was quick.

I made a mistake an ordered the smoke so tonight I went ahead and ordered a clear for the iPad and iPhone. I asked him to upgrade to priority shipping so I will post pics if nobody else has when I get it.

I wouldn't hesitate ordering from that seller.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
What's the difference between the Grip Vue and the Shield Micra (both Belkin)?

historyteacher

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Will these scratch up over time?

I have had my grip vue on my iPad for 3 weeks now and it still looks like the day I took it out of the box. It pretty much sits on a couch or night stand most of the time. Not exactly like I have put it through the ringer, but seems to hold up nicely. Hope that helps.

samuelmacdaddy

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2010
just got my belkin grip vue for my iphone 4. i got it off an ebay seller for £10 but he has put his prices up now:rolleyes:
it came unboxed but well packaged and appears to be the real deal with the belkin logo on the back and seems to be of identical quality compared to my ipads grip vue:D
just need my phone to arrive on thursday now!

timothevs

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
FL
Does it look sturdy like the iPad counterpart? Do you think it will protect the precious iPhone ?

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
just got my belkin grip vue for my iphone 4. i got it off an ebay seller for £10 but he has put his prices up now:rolleyes:
it came unboxed but well packaged and appears to be the real deal with the belkin logo on the back and seems to be of identical quality compared to my ipads grip vue:D
just need my phone to arrive on thursday now!

Mine failed to arrive today so I dropped the eBay seller an email, he responded quickly and said it was sent on Monday afternoon, so hopefully i'll get it tomorrow.

And yes, I saw that his prices have shot up A LOT, I think we got them ordered just in time!

nowstime

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
This is the one case I want as well. I also have it for my iPad and I love it!!! All I need is this case and my Power Support front screen protector and I am set.

Exact combination I have for my iPad and what I want for my iPhone 4...

Gxray

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2009

We only have the CLEAR version available right now.

I am sorry our order is still on the way to USA, and it will arrive around Wednesday or Thursday!

We should be the first one to have this Belkin Grip Vue Case in the USA!

Ended up ordering from this guy and upgraded to priority mail. Already got my tracking #, hopefully have it by Saturday :D

0wen

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Once you guys get this case on your iPhone 4, can you post some pictures as I am curious as to what is opened or covered. I also wonder if this will end up being like the iPad version where the first batch had a little more front screen protection. I like my first batch iPad version and want to know if I need to order one of these sooner rather then wait for them to possibly show up at the Apple Store (all local stores discontinued the iPad version, so maybe Apple has something against these types of cases).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.