Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedCloud75013

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
MD
I am in the same boat. I am running 3.1.2 Jailbroken and would like to do a restore and re-jailbreak. I DID save my shsh thingy on cydia. I am on a PC and would like to do a restore and rejailbreak my phone. The battery seems to drain really fast. I think the phone needs a restore. i dowload and delete JB stuff all the time and I think it needs a cleanup.

same issue. any advice??

caponesj

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
Have 3.1 on 3GS Jailbroken Boot Rom 5.11.07

I have had this phone jailbroken for 2 months, all of a sudden the battery drains really fast (within 3 hours)

I have been told restoring is my only option to fix this issue but I dont want to go to 3.1.3

In Cydia it states This Device has SHSH for 3.1.3

How do I get out of this mess???????

AdeelChandio

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2010
Hi

Hello guyz..I bought Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 from o2 UK and I want to use that in ireland and i tried to jail break from snowbreeze app and after jail breaking the phone it said that restore ur phone than I restored my phone but its not getting on it says that put the sim which u got from the authorised provider and its not even working on 02 ireland..can u please guide me now wht to do??…my iphone is not even switching on …when ever i switch on my phone its says dialogue which i mentioned before…
it will be great full to you if any1 could give me any tip on this problemmm….

Kind Regard
Adeel M Chandio

manishangane

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
Plz help gurus

hi gurus,
I have purchase an iphone 3gs 16 gb factory unlock piece. i have two questions for the same.

1. Can i jailbreak my iphone 3gs factory unlock.
here are my detials.
firmware version : -3.1.3(7E18)
serial number 88o14GBB3NQ
Model MC132ZA
Modem firmware :05.12.01

2. When i connct my iphone it shows up 14 gb memory space .......

Plz help i really need to jailbreak my phone

flycats

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
What's the difference between restoring using iTunes and the reset option in the phone settings?

rancelucifinil

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2010
Interesting

I will mark this post, useful.

But if I can recover iphone data on PC without jailbroken?

I tried recover data on PC with jailbroken iphone by Diskgetor, succeed.

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
What's the difference between restoring using iTunes and the reset option in the phone settings?

The former is where you 'reinstall' (for lack of a better term) the OS of your phone, whilst the latter is where you delete all your personal data off the phone without touching the OS.

mailme83s

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
Iphone 3GS 3.1.3 got stuck at black screen

Hi,
I jailbreak my iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with spirit after reset it worked fine for few minutes and then went off. it is now completely off, I tried to use above instructions but no luck. When I am restoring it with itunes it is giving this error" The iPhone couldn't be restored, the device is not eligible for buildup"
Please help I am stuck with this phone.
Regards

IphoneUser2611

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
Phone is frozen

I jailbroke my iphone 4 two days ago. A few things like my mailbox and some apps were acting up so I decided to reverse the jailbreak. I didn't follow any particular procedure to do this like I probably should have. I went to settings on the phone itself, clicked reset, and proceeded to erase all data and settings. After doing this, the phone turned off and I attempted to turn it back on. It has been frozen on the apple logo screen for more than an hour now. I tried plugging it into itunes but nothing happened. I even tried a hard reboot and it shuts down and goes right back to the apple logo screen and stays. What now? Please help

dtsm888

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
How to & can you restore after jb/carrier unlock to 3Gs?

I have a 3Gs that was upgraded to 4 iOS and locked to AT&T. I have also jb/carrier unlocked with Team Dev's release - so working perfectly on TMO. I had not saved the SHSH earlier but now have downloaded tinyumbrella and saved my SHSH to cydia.

Here is my question: in the event that I need to do a restore, what will happen. If I now connect to my MacBook and iTunes, it automatically comes up with 'check for update'. If I hit "cancel", nothing happens. But that also means I can't restore?

Thanks

Jetman

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
I jailbroke my iphone 4 two days ago. A few things like my mailbox and some apps were acting up so I decided to reverse the jailbreak. I didn't follow any particular procedure to do this like I probably should have. I went to settings on the phone itself, clicked reset, and proceeded to erase all data and settings. After doing this, the phone turned off and I attempted to turn it back on. It has been frozen on the apple logo screen for more than an hour now. I tried plugging it into itunes but nothing happened. I even tried a hard reboot and it shuts down and goes right back to the apple logo screen and stays. What now? Please help

Hi, don't worry!

Exactly the same thing happened to me last night - I tried to reset my settings via the phone and it stopped booting up. After a terrible nights sleep dreaming about bricked iPhones and lost $$$ I found this guide.

So...

Firstly (as an aside) resetting your data and settings on the phone will not remove the jailbreak - you would have needed to perform a system restore via iTunes (on the summary tab in iTunes click Restore). But your phone is now bricked so you can't get this far.

All you have to do is you follow the instructions in the first post of this thread and you can restore your phone.

Good luck!

wkdangel69

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010
Restoring iphone

I have tried so many times to restore or update my iphone and NOTHING is working!! It keeps going to the screen for connecting it to itunes each and every time I try doing either. I have even tried manually downloading updates or back grades and pressing shift and clicking one of them. NOTHING. I really want to upgrade it to ios4. I have done many things, that apple suggests and other hackers have suggested and nothing. I have to keep using some program I found online to get it off that screen as nothing else works. Can someone please help me!!?????

wkdangel69

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010
I have tried so many times to restore or update my iphone and NOTHING is working!! It keeps going to the screen for connecting it to itunes each and every time I try doing either. I have even tried manually downloading updates or back grades and pressing shift and clicking one of them. NOTHING. I really want to upgrade it to ios4. I have done many things, that apple suggests and other hackers have suggested and nothing. I have to keep using some program I found online to get it off that screen as nothing else works. Can someone please help me!!?????

Sorry, I should specify that I have the iphone 3g, running firmware 3.1.3. I want to upgrade to firmware 4.0.

jmor

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
NJ, USA
If I'm on 3.1.2 and have the blackra1n jailbreak and I want to restore so I click the restore button but then it says I have to restore and update and I'm afraid that when it updates my phone will brick, is this true or what should I do? Thanks.

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Unlocking iPhone 4

Hey guys -

If I unlock my iPhone 4 to allow my new T-Mobile SIM card to work...
  1. Can I still restore it to factory settings if something goes wrong?
  2. Would there be any indication of jailbreak/unlocking after I restore it?

aheart88

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
Thanks a lot, this post has helped me restore my new ip4.

But it restored to software 4.0.2 instead. can i Unlock this now?

Willeth

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
I jailbroke my 3G last week from 4.0 looking for a performance increase but it seems I was mistaken - I'm going to unjailbreak and trust that 4.1 will have a speed fix (although I'm not holding out too much hope). I'd downgrade to 3.1 but I've read that means I can't restore a recent backup, is that right?

I just want to check I've got all the steps right. I've gone into SBSettings and unhid all my programs and restored my status bar to the standard. I'm going through Cydia and uninstalling the scant few packages I installed, and then I'm going to connect to iTunes, backup, hit restore and then restore the most recent backup. I do have a few questions I just want clarifying to be certain:

Do I need to restore as a new iPhone? If so, can I still restore the most recent backup, or should I just restore the phone from that backup?

If I leave the percentage battery meter option on in SBSettings, will that stick if I restore from backup rather than as a new phone and will it cause me any problems?

If I restore as a new phone, will I keep all my sync settings (for podcasts specifically)?

I'm aware it'll upgrade me to 4.0.2, but I don't plan on rejailbreaking, so I don't have an issue with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.