Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
I've come into possession of a vintage Apple shirt, but I can't find a picture of it or context for it anywhere online. But I know I've seen it before.

It's a polo shirt; on the front is a small 6-color Apple logo surrounded by a samurai headdress line art in blue. Beneath is written Macintosh in Apple Garamond, also in blue, slightly narrower overall than the headdress.

On the back is a picture of a samurai, not in full armor, appearing to wipe a katana on his kimono, standing like he's just killed some invader (but there is no sign of blood on the sword, or anyone else present. Behind him sits a Macintosh (128 or 512k) with the original Macintosh keyboard with numpad and mouse. On top of the Macintosh is a fishbowl with a large goldfish inside.

Does anyone know where an image of this exists online, or know the story behind the shirt?

If I don't get much in the way of a response, I'll see if I can scan the shirt.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Susan Kare! Of course, that makes sense. She did two other Japanese figures as well, or at least rendered them, one of whom was a samurai in full armor (at least as much as you could see of him). I still haven't managed to track down an image confirming this though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.