Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Not quite sure if this is the correct forum for this but here goes. I have a G5 and am using an airport card for wireless with a Motorolla SBG 900 "surfboard modem/wireless gateway. I have Comcast cable. My son's PC is also wireless connected also. No real problems with surfing the net and it's darn fast. Here are my two problems: 1) my wife is a student at Armstrong Atlantic State University (Savannah, GA) and is having problems connecting/logging in to check her schedule and her grades etc. When we were using a PC that was using dialup this wasn't an issue. I've determined that it is not the Mac as she is unable to "log in" no matter if using the PC or the Mac. I'm guessing that it is a firewall issue and has to do with ports. She has tried contacting the computer people at AASU but they haven't been any help. Anyone out there from AASU with the answer????? 2) gaming difficulties. My son's PC connects to the internet and works fine but he can't do any online gaming (he's running a Athalon processor and Windows XP). Again I think that this is a firewall issue but haven't been able to get a handle on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated ;) Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.