Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coolmatt49

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Hey, for those who have upgraded their iPhone 3G to iOS 4, because there is no multitasking or orientation lock, does double tapping on the home button still give you shortcut app launching or does it do nothing now? I use it all the time for accessing my camera without having to tap on the app on the home screen. I really would like to know whether or not it will be there if I update my iPhone. Thanks.

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
If you don't use the JB then yes. You can still customize the double tap BUT after the redsn0w JB, you will lose that setting.

Coolmatt49

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
If you don't use the JB then yes. You can still customize the double tap BUT after the redsn0w JB, you will lose that setting.

Oh okay, so basically if I jailbreak it to act like a 3G S (giving 3G S features to the 3G) it will remove that feature. Otherwise, I still keep the double-tap shortcut. Thanks for the help. Shame they had to remove the feature with the newer iPhone models. I guess I'll have to get used to it when I upgrade my iPhone 3G to the iPhone 4. Hopefully they'll add it back on again in a different/similar way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.