Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
I came across this ram at outpost.com; DDR 1GB 3200 128x64 DDR 184Pin.

Since there is not much detailed information about it, I'm not sure if the ram will function properly in my newly ordered iMac G5. Does anyone know if this will work?

Here are the imac G5 ram upgrade specs from the Crucial web site.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Knowing Outpost, Call For Availabilty means they don't have it in stock (probably never will) and if you call they try to sell you more expensive RAM that isn't even guaranteed to work. At least in my experiance. They do this all the time. Then again, it might just be out of stock, but it's still very cheap RAM that probably doesn't even work with Windows 2000/XP.

Don't cheap out on the RAM, it's a lot more important than you'd think. I've had cheap RAM that caused Blue Screens in Win98, wouldn't even load 2000, and wasn't even recognized by OS X. Buy from someplace like Crucial, or OWC. Or Newegg if they have some good deals, just read the reviews first.

You can check Ramseeker for the cheapest deals, but I wouldn't pay less that that. And make sure you get something that has a lifetime warranty and is guaranteed Mac compatible. There's a reason why Apple are such sticklers for RAM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.