Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carebearsx3

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2010
I ordered from AT&T on the 15th, and the Order Status says that it shipped, but when I click on the Tacking Number for FedEx, it shows that it's not found. Help? :confused:

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
NM
They probably slapped the label on the box but have not given them to FedEx yet. No big deal. We should all see some activity in the next 24 hours.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
They probably slapped the label on the box but have not given them to FedEx yet. No big deal. We should all see some activity in the next 24 hours.

Yes. If you see the no info found message it means FedEx has not taken physical custody of the package yet.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Yes. If you see the no info found message it means FedEx has not taken physical custody of the package yet.

I would agree except mine says shipped on the 17th. I think that FedEx is moving them thru the system but just not reporting. They can't still be in China today if they are going to be delivered on the 24th.

I am betting when the number is good they will be close to delivery and show the whole history.

UnseenLlama

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I would agree except mine says shipped on the 17th. I think that FedEx is moving them thru the system but just not reporting. They can't still be in China today if they are going to be delivered on the 24th.

I am betting when the number is good they will be close to delivery and show the whole history.

You'd be surprised how fast a package can go from China to the US.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Could be either way. Sure it can still be in China. FedEx delivers overnight packages from China and everywhere else around the world routinely. It's what they do.

It's possible:
1) Your phone is on a pallet that is still waiting for FedEx p/u
2) FedEx has taken possession but missed a scan (though missing one scan is common, missing multiple is not)

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
Give it time. Tracking number means you have a box w/ a shipping label on it - the numbers don't light up until its physically picked up by FedEx/UPS.

bstpierre

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008

Actually it means that FedEx hasn't received the data yet. Once they receive the data the tracking number starts working. At least that is when it started working for me. It also estimates delivery for 3:00pm Jun 23rd.

I ordered from AT&T for those wondering.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
i just dont understand how my phone was shipped on the 17th but yet my tracking number still doesnt work. I called fedex and they have no records of my tracking numbers...

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
No tracking here, still.

But I got another "your order has shipped" email this morning?

cparktd

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
Middle TN
I got my shipping notice just now, with tracking number.

It states...

SNIP...
Your iPhone order is staged for pickup by our shipping carrier. Your tracking number is shown below.

Because of unprecedented volume, it may be as much as 24 to 72 hours before the carrier can provide any detailed information to you. Please don't be concerned if you visit the carrier's site and specific information about your order is not provided.

VeryVito

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
Same boat here. The AT&T site says my phone was shipped on the 17th... although I never actually got an email telling me so, and the tracking number is still "Not Found."

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Should be scanned on the 23rd for overnight delivery on the 24th.

asb396

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
i have the same problem, if you can call it that, but I called fedex and was told it was shipping from texas and is in their custody but will not physically ship until tomorrow. I dont know what that means as it makes no sense... I also asked, since its shipping tomorrow, if it is overnight and the woman said she cant tell me but shes pretty sure it is overnight. ATT page shows tracking number and shipped 6/17

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Could be either way. Sure it can still be in China. FedEx delivers overnight packages from China and everywhere else around the world routinely. It's what they do.

It's possible:
1) Your phone is on a pallet that is still waiting for FedEx p/u
2) FedEx has taken possession but missed a scan (though missing one scan is common, missing multiple is not)

I use and ship via FedEx and UPS daily. It is what we do.

I have no doubt that my FedEx Tracking will be good this evening and be delivered on the 23rd. I think MANY of the ATT phones where shipped in mass from China to ATT or the FedEx warehouse and all will be good. This is nothing new to FedEx or Apple and all will be fine.

smitchell1215

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2015
I haven't received a tracking number for my order . Wondering how long it will be before I receive my package

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Patience, my friend!
I'm sure that after 5 years, your new iPhone will arrive any day now… :D
(any time now, yes…)

Missgoody2shooze

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2017
i just dont understand how my phone was shipped on the 17th but yet my tracking number still doesnt work. I called fedex and they have no records of my tracking numbers...
Late to the thread, but im having the same problem. Fedex sucks plain and simple! They have lost packages that were important rare hard to find items and have broken them. 3 times a charm i guess, but i hate Fedex!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.