Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ABigGatorsFan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Since updating to OS 4.0 on my 3G s last night, my ipod app no longer works. Everytime I go to open the ipod app it stays open for a second and then shuts down. I am not able to get anything to play either through the standard ipod controls or the multitasking control panel. I'm sure there will be an update soon to correct this, i just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

elb

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
ipod app not working after upgrading to OS 4.0

Hi folks,

The same issue here with my IPhone 3GS. Waiting to see any patch soon.

Eduardo Bastos

jzarley

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Same issue as well...the iPod app opens, displays for a few seconds, then closes. I tried rebooting a few times, but I continue to have the issue. (Good thing I have my iPad to use for music at work today :))

pdpmojo

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009
I have the same problem. I believe it has something to do with iTunes. I have 2 3Gs' and one of them I downloaded a podcast. The one that I downloaded the podcast, causes the iPod app to crash. The one that was just updated to 4.0 works perfectly fine. Can any of you confirm that you downloaded something off the iTunes app and that caused it to break?

pdpmojo

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009
Ironic that we finally get to background the Pandora App and now the iPod app goes.

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
I downloaded a song from iTunes and am now having the same issue. Any known fixes out there?

jzarley

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I downloaded a song from iTunes this morning (via the iPhone) immediately before attempting to use the iPod app. Unfortunately, I don't know if the iPod worked before that and the download broke it, or if it happened immediately as a result of iOS 4 upgrade.

However, I personally know of three other people who've done the iOS upgrade on their 3GS's and are NOT having the iPod issue...so, there must be some sort of combination of factors that is causing it.

iPegboy

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
Detroit
I have the same problem. I believe it has something to do with iTunes. I have 2 3Gs' and one of them I downloaded a podcast. The one that I downloaded the podcast, causes the iPod app to crash. The one that was just updated to 4.0 works perfectly fine. Can any of you confirm that you downloaded something off the iTunes app and that caused it to break?

I never opened the iPod app before downloading a podcast, so I can't be sure one worked without the other -- but yes, I downloaded a podcast, and now the iPod won't stay open for more than a brief moment.

iPegboy

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
Detroit
Just read on the Apple support discussion boards that a re-syncing of the phone will do the trick to cure this. I'm away from my home computer to do that, but that's the word. So give that a try, for those experiencing the problem.

Ding.Dong

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles
I had this exact same problem. After upgrading the OS, my iPod app showed that I had no podcasts even though I had several before upgrading. I downloaded a couple through the iPhone, then the iPod would crash immediately whenever I opened it. I rebooted and resynched a couple of times without any change.

I finally got it to work by downloading a new podcast through iTunes on my desktop and then resynching. I noticed during the synch that it was now transferring podcasts to the iPhone. After the synch, the iPod app worked fine.

KeithfromJax

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
I had the same issue

The iPod worked after the upgrade until I downloaded a couple of songs yesterday directly. I hope re-syncing works!

SD.37

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
My music shows up, but doesn't always play. Or it shows a different song title / album artwork than what is playing.

I have shut the phone down, and tried syncing it again. Neither of these things worked

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.