Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GLOC

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
I have just found this app as I frequent a couple of Diving Forums and it came up there. I have looked for Macrumors on there but no joy.

How do you contact the admins to see about putting Macrumors on Tapatalk http://www.tapatalk.com/ ? If indeed there is any interest?

Regards

forum user

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
I am posting this with Forums (forumsapp.com). I tried tapatalk RO for awhile but I am more happy with Forums. Support for macrumors being one reason.

Before purchasing you can ask in their forum if your Diving forums are supported. Also it looks that they are now faster with updates, something that had not always been the case ;)

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
I would like to see tapatalk support enabled too, there's two main forums I use, this has forums app, the other has tapatalk support, I don't want to buy two multi-forum enabled apps for two forums!

mix123

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
Tapatalk

I am not sure if the forum admins have ever heard of this or not.

http://www.tapatalk.com/en/mobile

It makes browsing forums on mobile devices very easy. It's free to install for forum owners. It would be reallly nice if you guys could install this so we could use this to browse forum!!!

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
vBulletin upgrade?

Are there any plans to upgrade the forums to 3.7? There's a great forum viewing app called Tapatalk that supports 3.7 and up.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
I'd really appreciate this, too.

The interface on tapatalk is so much nicer than just doing the mobile version of a site.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Me to for tapatalk. Nice interface. Have asked Admin but says it may require q forum upgrade. Here's hoping...

nlr

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
London
Yeah I would love to see MR use this so I can view this forum optimized for my iphone 4!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Well, for starters, the version of vBulletin we're running for our forum is not compatible with Tapatalk, and there are some issues with the way we have things set up that complicate potential upgrades.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Well, for starters, the version of vBulletin we're running for our forum is not compatible with Tapatalk, and there are some issues with the way we have things set up that complicate potential upgrades.

Don't you just double-click setup.exe and it's automatic? ;)

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
MacRumors has customizations that would probably break if they enabled Tapatalk.

That's just what wildcowboy said and I was jokingly implying they were running on Windows. I guess you missed the little wink at the end.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Regardless of which is better, IPB didn't exist when this forum was recreated, and I don't really see us trying to move (or abandoning) 10 million vBulletin posts to a new system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.