Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darrensk8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Ok I'll try my best to explain but I've noticed it happening a lot recently after I've loaded a web page and I'm scrolling through it will just randomly shut safari down or if I'm using an app it will just quit the app.

Anyone else get this or know what it could be?

I wondered if I'm reaching my ram limit and it then dumps it all to make space? If that makes any sense at all?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I don't think its ram limit other than an incompatible plugin the sites you are visiting that maybe causing a conflict with Safari and it's then crashing out.

Is there any sites in particular that you have noticed this happening on?

Darrensk8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Well it's not just safari it's some apps as well but not consistently, that's why I thought maybe ram.

Was trying to load this but iPad ismhaving none of it.

http://slides.html5rocks.com/

Facebook on safari always seems to crash and thinking about it it's usually when photos are envolved.

It's driving me crazy:confused:

Darrensk8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Have you tried restarting the thing? Countless ppl have complained to me about this and a restart fixed it

Yeah but still seems to do it

It always did it every now and then but it didn't really bother me but now i've noticed it's doing it more often now!

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
It's what happens when you buy an iPad. Apple put 256MB ram in it because it was to shave a small costs savings. Adding more ram woul fix your issue, but you can't.

iCrosoft

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
It's what happens when you buy an iPad. Apple put 256MB ram in it because it was to shave a small costs savings. Adding more ram woul fix your issue, but you can't.

Another reason to get the 2nd gen iPad.

My 1st gen closes safari at times when I hit the 'return' to open pages button. Instead of showing the open pages in the background, I'm returned to the home screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.