Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeCase

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Melbourne, FL
I used the the Make it Mine app on my 3G to change my carrier from AT&T to Mikey. When I loaded my iPhone 4 with a restore from my 3G to restore my data. Now my carrier on my i4 is Mikey.

Just wanted to warn anyone that used Make it Mine previously and may not want the new carrier name settings.

mqguitar

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
yeah this happened to me once. when i had a 3g jailbroken had the percent. when upgraded to 3.0 had the percent option on like a 3gs

apixel

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
I have a different problem

I had MIM change my carrier to PUG. Syncing the new iphone4, my carrier switched to ATT, but instead of having a clock on the top bar, I now have the make it mine custom name ... how do I get my clock back!?

So I have - Bars ATT Wifi .... PUG .... oops!

Andres

I used the the Make it Mine app on my 3G to change my carrier from AT&T to Mikey. When I loaded my iPhone 4 with a restore from my 3G to restore my data. Now my carrier on my i4 is Mikey.

Just wanted to warn anyone that used Make it Mine previously and may not want the new carrier name settings.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I had MIM change my carrier to PUG. Syncing the new iphone4, my carrier switched to ATT, but instead of having a clock on the top bar, I now have the make it mine custom name ... how do I get my clock back!?

So I have - Bars ATT Wifi .... PUG .... oops!

Andres
Do a complete restore and make it a new phone. Do not restore from a backup.

sleyeu

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
does this work on ipod touches? on the top left i have a custom thing but i cant remember what it was before i used MIM aaaages ago....

apixel

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
I might have to live with it

There are too many apps with things and settings in it that I need to keep. If I don't restore from backup, I lose all that, no?

Games, apps with notes, check lists. Anything that doesn't have an outside sync ...

Do a complete restore and make it a new phone. Do not restore from a backup.

apixel

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 83

tatyiona

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2009
cleveland, ohio
Yeah it transfers through restores u have to wait for a jailbreak use mim to reset it back then backup then restore and restore from backup. If u don't want to wait u can reactivate your 3GS and do it. Sorry

apixel

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
Yeah it transfers through restores u have to wait for a jailbreak use mim to reset it back then backup then restore and restore from backup. If u don't want to wait u can reactivate your 3GS and do it. Sorry

What's weird is that it's not the carrier that carried through. It killed my clock. On my 3GS, "Pug" is where ATT is, NOT instead of my clock!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.