Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
Yes NO?

so far things look good from the activations perspective, post here if you had any delay or activation problem (if it is because of server availability )

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
Yep, we just made topics at the same exact time. I've been waiting 2 hours for mine to activate via the online method, and the activation phone number states that activations are suspended.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I received my iPhone 4 at 1:30 PM. Had no problems activating it. Took 2 minutes.

podvisual

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2007
I'm at 2+ hours on two different phones right now. Do you need to leave them connected to iTunes the whole time? In the Phone settings page, both say awaiting activation.

frustrating.

I did the 1st screen where you inputted your name, address, iphone number.

Bankerts

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2008
No problems calling in and doing an upgrade swap. Phone was activated in minutes. Premier customer, if that matters.

jgmachine

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2006
Just got my phone a few minutes ago and it's syncing my apps/music right now, but still have the "waiting for activation. This may take some time" message on the screen about 10 minutes into the process here...

tehfunk

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
The online gave me some generic error 3 times in a row, but when I called the number on the flyer AT&T put in the box, it worked fine over the automated phone system.

I was about to head over to my ATT store, but calling the activation number worked fine. Upgraded from a 3GS.

mikew3st

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2009
The online gave me some generic error 3 times in a row, but when I called the number on the flyer AT&T put in the box, it worked fine over the automated phone system.

I was about to head over to my ATT store, but calling the activation number worked fine. Upgraded from a 3GS.

What's the activation number?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
It took me one minute to activate. I began at 1:33 PM PDT and finished at 1:34 PM.

Right now, I am restoring to the new i4 from my backup.

iPhoneONLY

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2008
Waiting for activation - This may take some time

I think I activated successfully, because it went through the steps and then began to restore from backup. It appears the backup was successfully installed, but I am receiving NO SERVICE and when I reboot I am receiving a message that states "Waiting for activation - This may take some time." :eek: Would it have let me restore and etc if it didn't successfully activate??

Boauld

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
When I plug it into iTunes it say enter billing stuff... I do... And then I get a session timed out error.....WTH

3kids

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2006
All of the things from my original iphone are now on the new one-contacts, calendar. BUT the actual phone does not work. It says no service. The old one works. What step have I missed?

myosh

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
No problems activating here. The whole process probably took 15 minutes at the most and that was at 2:15 PM PT.

iPhoneONLY

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2008
Here Is The Fix!!

I think I activated successfully, because it went through the steps and then began to restore from backup. It appears the backup was successfully installed, but I am receiving NO SERVICE and when I reboot I am receiving a message that states "Waiting for activation - This may take some time." :eek: Would it have let me restore and etc if it didn't successfully activate??

I went to http://www.att.com/activation and activated there.
Rebooted Phone and it is now activated!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.