Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benk3350

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Of course apple offers the 16g and 32g but rarely are they ever exact. I guess it's hard to fit all those bytes accurately into a device? I don't know.

But anyway I bought the 32 gb model of the iphone 4

My iphone 4 has 29.06 gigs.

That's almost 3 whole gigabytes that aren't there. Thats a lot of content. I have already about 26 gb of movies and music on my itunes. So that doesn't leave a lot of room even though I got the biggest model possible.

But at least my phone is awesome! It's just a little frustrating.

Anyway, please post how many gigabytes your iphone 4 ACTUALLY has.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
dude, really, you dont now how it works? this has tons of threads, MROOGLE for them

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
My 16GB had exactly 14GB.

After installing all my music, photo's, etc..
I have:

11.2 available.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Wikipedia:

Consumer flash drives typically have sizes measured in powers of two (e.g. 512 MB, 8 GB). This includes SSDs as hard drive replacements [citation needed], even though traditional hard drives tend to use decimal units. Thus, a 64 GB SSD is actually 64×1024³ bytes. In reality, most users will have slightly less capacity than this available, due to the space taken by filesystem metadata.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory#Capacity

ryuuzaki

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2010
Wikipedia:

Consumer flash drives typically have sizes measured in powers of two (e.g. 512 MB, 8 GB). This includes SSDs as hard drive replacements [citation needed], even though traditional hard drives tend to use decimal units. Thus, a 64 GB SSD is actually 64×1024³ bytes. In reality, most users will have slightly less capacity than this available, due to the space taken by filesystem metadata.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory#Capacity

THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.