Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Does anyone else experience this issue? It seems to happen to me a lot. When I'm on Safari and I have multiple tabs, sometimes when I click the mouse on the small X button the tab does not close, it just doesn't detect the click. When I move the cursor away for a second and bring it back it then works. Only happens in Safari so Im guessing its just a bug. Anyone else?

Unique Visuals

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2007
In the woods
Mines been doing that also. Its not only this ver of Safari, or OS as it did it before I upgraded. You can click and see the graphic change and know its been clicked but it doesn't always close like the OP says and sometimes on mine its like time delayed. I've tried different mice and keyboards and so far no clue.

Some days it doesn't happen at all and some, several times a day. Not the mice and its not the sites, cause its totally random.

I'm on Safari Version 4.0.5 (6531.22.7) and Snow leopard 10.6.3

endlessike

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
This absolutely happens to me, and is continuing in Safari 5.

It only occurs when I attempt to close the active tab, and can be fixed by activating another tab and then closing it. I have safari stand installed

JerMartin

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Has been happening to me for a few weeks now - I have reinstalled Safari 5 in the hopes that it'll fix it, but not sure what's causing it unfortunately. :(

alphacrust

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2008
Appear to be getting this too. Also happens when I try closing a Safari windows (red x). Thought it might well be the mouse (magic mouse), but other aspects of the screen / finder seem to work fine.

nebmot

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
me too...

I am having this problem too, with both a magic mouse on my MP and the glass pad on my MBP…completely frustrating...

adamaray

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2010
Essex, UK
I have the same problem, I have never had an issue when using cmd+w to close the window; but yeah, it's not just you thats annoyed by this.

It's getting on my nerves.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You can use Command+W to close any tab, or Command+E to close all tabs but the current one. Just click File in Safari and you'll see the keyboard shortcuts. In this case, it's faster than using the mouse or trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.